Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ordering new bearings and top hats, to build all new struts (with Rallitek springs), just realized they don't include the rubber insulators...ugh, you need to piecemeal all the parts.

So, have the strut, spring, bearing, and boot/stop kit. Besides the spacer(thick washer), rubber insulators, and spring seat, is there anything I'm missing up front?

For the rear, I believe it's just the rubber insulators, right?

And why doesn't it all come as a kit? Just want to have everything assembled and swap the entire strut assemblies.

Last question, do the mounting studs just press or knock out to install longer ones for spacers on KYB bearings? (I hope).

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,316 Posts
Rallitek will ship you assembled KYB+Rallitek springs. You pay for the labor, but they are ready-to-install. They generally aren't offered in a kit because of certain parts sharing a large compatibility. And it's probably an extremely small percentage that will buy non-wear parts to avoid having to transfer them.

The studs to press out. I'd avoid pounding with a hammer as you could bend the ears on the rear mounts. Press with a supporting socket to avoid issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts