Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5 Premium w/6 spd CVT
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speaker on that side sound really bad. I checked today and there was water damage to the speaker. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

Even something temporary? Water was sitting in the foam baffle I use for noise reduction.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
My speaker on that side sound really bad. I checked today and there was water damage to the speaker. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

Even something temporary? Water was sitting in the foam baffle I use for noise reduction.
So you have been in door before? Did you re-install the plastic barrier that goes on between the door?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts

Take the foam out. Water does get inside the door. If water collecting in the foam is the reason for damage they might balk at a repair as it's not really defective. Use Dynamat for noise reduction.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the foam out. Water does get inside the door. If water collecting in the foam is the reason for damage they might balk at a repair as it's not really defective. Use Dynamat for noise reduction.
So its normal for water to drip on to the speakers themselves? :gasp:

I have never had a car do this and considered normal. The driver side is fine.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
Not onto the speaker. There should be a solid cover at least over the top half of the speaker inside the door . Water from top should "drip" onto that cover and deflect away from the speaker. If the foam is able to hold/wick water where it could contact the speaker from road vibration and cause the damage the dealer doesn't need to see it. IOW don't give the dealer any ideas.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not onto the speaker. There should be a solid cover at least over the top half of the speaker inside the door . Water from top should "drip" onto that cover and deflect away from the speaker. If the foam is able to hold/wick water where it could contact the speaker from road vibration and cause the damage the dealer doesn't need to see it. IOW don't give the dealer any ideas.
I will see if there is a cover in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts