Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 08 Subaru outback 2.5i limited, first time Subaru owner. And now discover I have heating problems on the passenger side. Not getting much heat over there and driver side almost seems to hot. I've read a few thing and ended up doing a heater core flush, forward and back. Still no heat.
I also hear a noise under the dash on the passenger side when turning the key on when cold . Can't seem to get the noise again with 2 consecutive turns of the key. It's almost a grinding or chattering noise, it's really brief so I don't get a good listen
Could these 2 be related? I think I could live with the noise if it wasn't a big issue. But I need the heat working.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,180 Posts
They are related. Your HVAC blend door actuator is sticky; it will need to be repaired / replaced.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 3.0 L.L. Bean - "Spam MuSubi" @ 150k miles
180 Posts
Look at the sticky'd posts on AC blend door actuators. The passenger side is fairly easy to repair - may want to get someone with small hands to help you do it. Just order the parts on amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts