Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

is it possible to change the height of the passenger seat ?

i have a 2013 premium .

thanks .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just raised my passenger seat tonight. The angle of the mounts makes it interesting but easy to do. You will need to purchase two bolts 10MMX1.0 thread that are at least 50MM long. Find two half inch sockets that are about 1 1/2 " high. This is what you need to raise the front part of the seat. For the back part, I made some brackets out of some bar steel that was 3/16" thick and 1 1/4" wide. Cut two pieces almost 3" long and drill two holes in each one. The holes need to be 1 1/2" apart so you are drilling a total of 4 holes, 2 in each piece. Use the original bolts and bolt these brackets where the rear seat frame was bolted in. Bolt the seat to the top holes of these brackets using a bolt and nut combination. You can use the bolts from the front anchor points buy purchasing nuts for them. Don't make it real tight yet and move to the front. Lift the seat and set the sockets as shims under the seat frame and start your new bolts into the holes. After everything is threaded in, torque the bolts down. This will give you about an 1 1/4" rise. You can't go too high or the passenger will hit their head. My wife loves the extra height and it is easier getting out of the vehicle. Simply slide your floor mats up under the plastic trim to hide the extra steel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Interesting. I was looking for information for the exact opposite. I find the passnenger seat too high. I've had a few passengers using the word perched. Any thoughts on lowering it? I have a 2018 premium, so no power passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I wonder if the 8 way power seat from the 2020 Limited/Touring could be adapted to fit in a 2018 Limited. I expect it would be costly, but probably cheaper than getting a 2020 just for the passenger seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts