Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side front window can no longer be controlled from the driver's side. All the other windows work fine. Is there a switch, fuse, relay which may have flipped? Strange thing is that this happened immediately after I ran the battery down by leaving a dome light on. After the jump start the passenger window stopped working. It works fine from the passenger side switch.

Any ideas? I'd rather avoid a trip to the dealer if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
238 Posts
My passenger side front window can no longer be controlled from the driver's side. All the other windows work fine. Is there a switch, fuse, relay which may have flipped? Strange thing is that this happened immediately after I ran the battery down by leaving a dome light on. After the jump start the passenger window stopped working. It works fine from the passenger side switch.

Any ideas? I'd rather avoid a trip to the dealer if possible.

Thanks.

In the event that your battery died, you may need to reset the windows.
There a few YouTube videos on how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
See the 2015 Owners Manual, page 2-36 ... or any one of the literally dozens of previous threads on this topic. Search is indeed your friend.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
It just unbelievable! Research, reading, opening a Manual is becoming obsolete.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I apologize for neglecting to read the manual or searching the forum.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
Maybe this topic should be a sticky. It does come up pretty often.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,204 Posts
It just unbelievable! Research, reading, opening a Manual is becoming obsolete.
Yes it is.
I know I am a lot more comfortable sitting in this chair knowing I can get either find an answer here or get someone to answer it for me than I would be digging out the manual, trying to find the right page, and then struggling to read the small print with my aging eyeballs.

Not to mention people who have hands-on experience with whatever it is I am looking for generally give a better answer or explanation than the stuffy lawyer-approved text usually found in any manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts