Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Outback - I have the opposite problem than i’ve seen listed here - my passenger window cannot be controlled from the passenger seat, but only from the driver’s seat. I see a lot of posts about the opposite problem (driver control won’t work on passenger side and needs reset.)

Any ideas on how to reset this or replace passenger switch?

hope i am posting this in the right place it has been awhile since i navigated here.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,168 Posts
Be sure the control lockout is not enabled or stuck. If the rear windows work correctly, it's probably not the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the window is not going up and down with the passenger switch but it's going up and down with the driver switch you more than likely have a bad switch on the passenger door.
I successfully changed the switch. It does not work, however, if we use the driver side switch to control the passenger, it will go up and down, and while we do this if we press down or up on the passenger side control the passenger side window stops moving. But it still won't control

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
13,779 Posts
Did you get a switch off a Subaru, or from Subaru?

I can't get you a wiring diagram at the moment. It wouldn't do you much good because if you do something wrong in checking the pins you can fry the module.

You can check continuity of the switch positions. Looking at the bottom of the switch pin 1 & 2 are next to each other, the space for the lock, then 3; 4-8 are on the bottom.

12 3

7 to 6 and 4 to 5 continuity in "up".
4 to 6 and 8 to 5 continuity in "down"
8 to 5 and 7 to 6 continuity on "neutral" or not pressed.

Pass front and both rear window switches are the same. You can take a switch from the rear door and hook it up to the front and see if the window works. If it works with a switch from the rear door, you got a bad switch. If it doesn't then there is something wonky going on because the signal from the master switch in the driver door passes through the passenger door switch to work the window when the pass switch is in neutral. The power and ground goes through the matching pins, 8 & 5 and 7 & 6, for what you are commanding, up or down, and this bypasses the switch on/off connection of the pass switch. Same with the rear switches. They all work the same way and are able to change the "pole" designation to operate the motor forward or reverse.

When you activate the pass switch at the same time as the driver you stop the current.
A possibility is a fuse. FB8 and/or FB29.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved (I bought the switch from an on-line site). I checked the fuses. As it turns out, for some reason, there was a 10 AMP instead of 20 AMP fuse in the slot for the passenger window. Don't know why or how this happened - but I changed it and the window started working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts