Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 2.5 SE LPG Converted Non-Turbo 2006 56 Plate
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been scouring the net and my car and can't for the life of me find this pcv valve to clean! Everything I find is subtly different to mine, even the pcv valve location in my Haynes manual.

Can any of you offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but unfortunately I've seen that thread and my outback doesn't have that junction!
I'm wondering if it was removed when I had the LPG conversion, what do you think?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,048 Posts
how many miles you got on that one? I try to change them like 60,000 miles,..as subaru does not provide for a change interval. (although they should),.

...on none subarus I have found weird aftermarket ones stuck in. (like something good to change out as soon as a used car is bought).

post one on this thread has some pics of a 2006 2.5 N/A outback PCV.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...stem-questions-2006-ob-2-5i-4.html#post159554

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,048 Posts
Thanks but unfortunately I've seen that thread and my outback doesn't have that junction!
I'm wondering if it was removed when I had the LPG conversion, what do you think?
...maybe. probably easy to find directions and a schematic of the particular LPG system you got. (if it was removed, or moved).

and its good you type out where you are from and that you got a a LPG conversion there.

I am starting to think all the subarus in Europe and north west Asia have LPG

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the car earlier this year with 190k on it. PCV has undoubtedly never been changed... if indeed there is one on the car!
I'll take a photo in the light tomorrow so you can see what i'm dealing with. Cheers.
I'm in the UK by the way.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,048 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,048 Posts
I've done it. I found a pcv valve, I can only assume the factory fitted one has been removed for this weird cheap plasticy one that's currently on my car.
It still acts as a good one-way air valve so that mustn't be the cause of my oil consumption....
you could swap it for a OEM type, ...and see if that fixes it. (vs. dumping the oil through the cat converters :crying:)

and good job on fixing the profile thing. ...but you got to add a "06" to that (if needed you can dump "subaru" out of it)

·
Registered
2011 2.5 CVT with lpg
177 Posts
I am starting to think all the subarus in Europe and north west Asia have LPG

With petrol prices here in the UK at £1.15 per litre, I am surprised this isn't true! My lpg outback does the equivalent of 45 mpg cost wise around town, and 60 odd on a good run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts