Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R Limited, nav
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a new thread in the hope of getting an answer, since I did not get one on the low oil level threads.

I can't get the low oil level light out. Oil level is fine. I've read the Tech Tips bulletin which says to install a spare fuse in the PDI (test mode) fuse socket in the main fuse box. I can't correlate this info with any labels on the actual fuse box. Yesterday I had the car in for an oil change at my regular garage, and they couldn't figure it out either. So the light is still on, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this procedure and what this fuse socket is all about. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
Back right corner of the fuse box facing the front. PDI stands for pre delivery inspection. At PDI the fuse is removed from the back right corner position and moved foward one row and slightly to the left. You may see some white paint where the fuse was removed from and the same white paint on the fuse (10a) where it was placed. The purpose of this fuse is to prevent battery rundown during delivery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's the slot we tried in the garage. It was actually the only blank slot that was wired. Tried it again at home, but it doesn't put the light out. Might be a sensor. It's still under an extended warranty, so I'll have to take it in.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,644 Posts
I THINK there's a routine involving having the fuse in and cycling the key - not sure.

It should go out by itself eventually.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's the procedure we followed. Tried it a few times, but it doesn't work. I assume it's an actual fault in the oil quantity system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts