Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used a Pedal Commander on another vehicle I used to own/Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. Was a huge improvement that virtually eliminated all throttle lag. Pedal Com. is not an added horse power thing, just makes throttle much quicker. Has anyone had the experience with adding on one on a Gen 5 2.5L?
If so, what is your experience on one?

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
I've used a Pedal Commander on another vehicle I used to own/Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. Was a huge improvement that virtually eliminated all throttle lag. Pedal Com. is not an added horse power thing, just makes throttle much quicker. Has anyone had the experience with adding on one on a Gen 5 2.5L?
There was a thread on the forum about this. or another cheap Chinese device. You plug it inline with the throttle pedal. If you want better throttle response, get yourself a tune on the car. XRT, the tuner I use can do this for you. It's a little bit more of an investment than tricking the DBW system, but its a better way to go IMPO.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
I don't have 1st hand experience.

There was a thread on the forum about this. Or another cheap Chinese device. You plug it inline with the throttle pedal. If you want better throttle response, get yourself a tune on the car. XRT, the tuner I use can do this for you. It's a little bit more of an investment than tricking the DBW system, but its a better way to go IMPO.

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a thread on the forum about this. or another cheap Chinese device. You plug it inline with the throttle pedal. If you want better throttle response, get yourself a tune on the car. XRT, the tuner I use can do this for you. It's a little bit more of an investment than tricking the DBW system, but its a better way to go IMPO.
I'm looking at the Pedal Commander as it doesn't void factory warranty, since it's a new car.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Has anyone had the experience with adding on one on a Gen 5 2.5L? If so, what is your experience on one?
I just tried it out on my 3.6R. Figured with a 30 day return policy why not. I know most will say snake oil, waste of money, etc. but it does work as advertised. There are many good reviews for it.

The throttle response is so much better. Others will say just mash down on the pedal if you want to go faster. There is always throttle lag with the drive by wire vehicles. This little device has eliminated that. It's actually fun to drive.

It's one of those things one has to try themselves but I don't see returning mine since it's made such a noticeable and enjoyable difference. And as you stated, I don't want to do any kind of tune that changes the ECU while still under warranty. With PC I can turn it off or just remove it to return the throttle to it's lagging ways. I will say it's overpriced but it does what it claims to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts