Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Pedal Commander on my 18 O.B. 2.5L yesterday. Happy with it as it improved acceleration quite a bit running the thing set on City #2. Don't care about that much about mileage but wanted a little more umph with acceleration. Tried the higher settings but it increases shift points a little to high for me and the City #2 setting feels just about right for me. Had the same product on a RAM truck I got rid of last year and had no problems with that one so got one for my Subaru now. Works great, easy install.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Subiesweatt

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,293 Posts
following

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny I just read a big thread about the Pedal Commander on Tacomaworld. Its hit and miss, some love it and other thing its not worth it.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5
35 Posts
I was just yesterday noticing how nicely the throttle and transmission are integrated with our '18OB 2.5. So much smoother than our '15 Forester. You have to really pay attention to RPM to even realize that it's a CVT. Behaves just like a 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5i with CVT
44 Posts
$300 for this bottle of snake oil.
Yeah, sure thing, the all-knowing Subaru guru, do you ever have anything positive to say about any mod? By the way, I'm running a 20MM sway bar and haven't caused a 300 car pileup yet, in fact, I'd safely recommend it to anyone since it didn't cause any adverse handling effects and I often drive in a sporty manner.

Obviously, you have never tried one.
My only aggravation is I cannot find anywhere that states how you plug it into the car. I have a gauge that occupies my OBDII port full time. I imagine this might plug into the OBD port as well.

EDIT: found this, looks straightforward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=zirhiZ1rKnE

·
Registered
2018 Subaru OB Premium
260 Posts
I had a Vitesse throttle controller for my Camaro SS

Wouldn't waste my money. All you're doing is tricking the ECU into thinking the throttle is further down than it actually is, it feels like you're getting a little more response that way, but you could always just push your pedal further down for free!

Also it's harder on fuel economy for those who cares. It was harder on my clutch in my Camaro, due to the lack of linear throttle response from a stop.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
do you ever have anything positive to say about any mod?
LOL........still waiting for one for the 2.5 that actually does something and keeps the car safe.................>:)

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
207 Posts
As others have stated, this appears to do nothing but change how the car perceives the throttle... How's this different than just driving with a lead foot (for free, aside from associated loss in fuel economy and tickets)?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
As others have stated, this appears to do nothing but change how the car perceives the throttle... How's this different than just driving with a lead foot (for free, aside from associated loss in fuel economy and tickets)?
It's not. Surprised they don't have an infomercial ad....Hi folks, Phil Swift here. Want to make your 2.5 Subaru swifter, want to change your 0-60 times from 9.4 to 9.4 then you need the all new Flex Pedal...............:grin2:

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,412 Posts
You guys scoff all you want, but you put a K&N air filter on, along with a cold air intake, and finally the Pedal Controller: You will have a hard time not smoking all four tires at every stop sign, even with the 2.5 engine. Scored Rendlers are a cheap price to pay for this type of performance.

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
596 Posts
Yeah, sure thing, the all-knowing Subaru guru, do you ever have anything positive to say about any mod? By the way, I'm running a 20MM sway bar and haven't caused a 300 car pileup yet, in fact, I'd safely recommend it to anyone since it didn't cause any adverse handling effects and I often drive in a sporty manner.
Sounds like you didn’t install it correctly. It requires a bottle of thread lock to cause a 300 car pile up. You’re not getting any benefit from stock till you do.
>:):nerd:

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
596 Posts
This looks like nothing more then a resistor(variable) mod. The mfg doesn’t post any useful numbers or details. Anyone have any before and after numbers?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,173 Posts
LOL, $300.

Numbers would be simple to produce, yet they offer none, which isn't surprising since (as has been covered already) it's obviously impossible to make the car accelerate faster by changing the throttle response (assuming your foot is capable of a sufficient range of motion ;)). I'm sure it can feel like it does something, with a bit more tip-in, but dare to compare.

Sensible discussion: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/377593-pedal-commander-anyone-tried.html

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
LOL, $300.

Numbers would be simple to produce, yet they offer none, which isn't surprising since (as has been covered already) it's obviously impossible to make the car accelerate faster by changing the throttle response (assuming your foot is capable of a sufficient range of motion ;)). I'm sure it can feel like it does something, with a bit more tip-in, but dare to compare.

Sensible discussion: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/377593-pedal-commander-anyone-tried.html
How can you have a sensible discussion on something that makes no sense.....except to the guy getting $300 a pop.

·
Registered
2017 3.6 limited Outback
63 Posts
I took a test drive in a new miata yesterday, there is a car that could use a ramped up throttle response. And that was what I was thinking, then I realized I could just readjust my right foot, but even that didn't help.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts