Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited to be getting the build underway next week on my '19 3.6 Limited. Just the basics for now- 225/65-17 Falken WP Trail on MR 501s and LP Plate, Diff Cover and Subframe Guards.
The installer has recommended the Pedalox Unit as a reasonably priced performance mod. They do all manner of fancy cars at his shop but apparently the Box is particularly effective and fun on Subarus. I don't see any downside so I'm keen to try it. But first- has anyone explored this gadget?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,672 Posts
Just a throttle controller, I have something similar called the pedal commander (originally bought to tame the throttle for my wife - works well), and it's extremely easy to install yourself. IMO, the 3.6 has pretty good stock throttle response, but I was surprised at the effect of even a mild boost from the PC. I always doubted it could do better than a careful foot, but it certainly does seem to jump off the line a lot more readily than before I installed it. Looks like PedalBox is claiming "up to 10% better" acceleration - that kind of claim bothers me as it's likely BS. But the pedal feels more linear/predictable now. Plenty of folks seem to like the effect but the cost is a turn off to many. Not sure about the PB, but the PC comes with a money back guaranty, so I'd take that into consideration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts