Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my springs to Pedders heavy duty springs(AUSSIE company) same height spring but stiffer for my outback . I've heard they are great for towing heavy loads(tent trailer) . May loose abit of travel too. They have a stiffer ride with less pitch and roll. Anyone try them or have other options. I plan to use in conjuction with a strut lift too.

·
Registered
'98 Legacy Outback
8 Posts
Thanks to your suggestion I am able to resurrect this old thread. I just got done installing the Pedders heavy duty lift spring in the rear of my '98 LOB and WOW. It lifted the rear end 2" and it is stiff! I will find out next week how it high it sits with 300 Lbs in the rear.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
:) Nice Matt!

I love seeing old threads get ressurected because it means you used the too-often-neglected search funciton on the board!

Get some pics up in the gallery if you can!

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kewl!

Nice work!

Do you have a link to the Pedders website?

I think we could move this over to Offroad tech.

·
Registered
Subaru:'07 3.0R LLBean, '01 H6 LLBean, '00 BRP 2.5RS. As well as 10 other cars and 9 motorbikes.
420 Posts
cool.. how high are the spring rates compared to the stock springs?

need some higher rate springs in the rear of my car too... camping gear makes the back end sag and i don't like it. hehe.

·
Registered
08 OBW, 03 TS
104 Posts
Looks good, Matt. Glad to see another UT member. I expected the back end to look higher but it looks pretty well balanced with the front... the front is the stock springs correct?

Where did you buy the springs from... Australia or a distributor here in the US?

Steve

·
Registered
'98 Legacy Outback
8 Posts
I ordered mine from Rhett's Automotive in CO. Here is a link to Pedders store finder. They take 6-10 weeks to get here. Rhett's found some closer for me. I just got back from camping. They worked great. Tomorrow I will know how they do with 300 lbs of tools in the back.

·
Registered
08 OBW, 03 TS
104 Posts
I'm guessing you'll like how they feel, I'm assuming they're similar to the King Springs I have (also made in Australia).

We hauled 600# of wood flooring in mine on Sunday, MUCH better than the old springs would have done, it was obvious we were loaded up but it still handled quite well and didn't feel like it would bottom out.

Steve

·
Registered
'98 Legacy Outback
8 Posts
Nice! I have my tools and gear in mine now. It looks well balanced and handles great. I'll get pics up soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts