Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,137 Posts
summitracing carries some Pedders stuff, maybe email them and ask about the parts you want.

interesting

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT Ltd 5MT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check with Summit Racing. The official distributor for Pedders in the US is Rallysportdirect. They carry some WRX parts, but no Outback and they are not planning to order any Outback parts any time soon.

Looks like Pedders parts available in the US are mainly for domestics.

·
Premium Member
18,137 Posts
I'll check with Summit Racing. The official distributor for Pedders in the US is Rallysportdirect. They carry some WRX parts, but no Outback and they are not planning to order any Outback parts any time soon.

Looks like Pedders parts available in the US are mainly for domestics.
interesting, this could be an opportunity for a 'group buy' maybe. Find out how many ordered Outback sets it would take for RSD or SR to bring in the parts.

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
"For orders to non-EU countries, there will be an additional charge for customs clearance. Although all our products display prices inclusive of UK VAT (currently at 20%), this charge will be deducted from your order at checkout, and read as a negative payment on your invoice. Please contact us for further information"

Pedders | Car Suspension Parts | Pedders Suspension UK

No need to do a Group Buy, unless it could get us a quantity discount and/or reduced shipping charges.

The Gen 3 standard rear kit is US$429 - 20% = US$344.

Subaru Outback BP Pedders Conversion Kit Rear Standard Pedders

Add shipping and customs fees to that. Maybe another $50?

I really know nothing about Pedders, except that it is based in Australia... Maybe it would be cheaper to buy from an Aussie supplier. Can someone fill me in?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Premium Member
18,137 Posts
well, generally, a group buy would involve a discount/savings over individual ordering, but in this case, it may just mean easier trip through customs or 'piggybacking' shipping onto some other order process that an existing US distributor may already have. Same difference really, easier and/or cheaper .

dunno, just a thought.

·
Registered
09 OBW base => 07 OBXT LTD 5sp
298 Posts
Go for it. No one else (like Koni, Bilstein USA) listens.

It makes me think there is some sort of conspiracy against USDM Outback owners ):

Also consider Sachs (Boge). I loved those on an older BMW...maybe not raceworthy, but very competent / controlled / comfortable.

I will say this about KYB's GR2's. I mounted mine simultaneoulsy with a Cobb RSB, and I already had older / hardened harsh-riding tires (Eagle GT's). So maybe my dissatisfaction is with the combo, not just the KYB's by theselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts