Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had work done on my XT and it turns out that when Pence Subaru replaced a blown turbo they did a poor job of cleaning up the debris resulting in an old turbo shaft sliding down my intake destroying the turbo they put in. Let me mention they replaced the oil return line with a piece of heater hose. Not a professional job you would expect from a Subaru dealer.
Bad on me for not calling Pence when my car was in another shop 110 miles away when this discovery was made.
The end result is Pence does not acknowledge that this could possibly happen or that their mechanic could make a mistake. Didn't want to look at the pictures, parts or discuss further.
They claimed that if I had called they would have sent a mechanic or asked me to pay for a tow job back to their shop.
Their mechanic missed a part when cleaning up. I'm out $2,000 and obviously frustrated with a dealer not owning up to the possibility of making a mistake. Be careful dealing with these guys.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
document the case.
call the BBB.
take them to small claims court.
call SOA and complain.
this is probably not the first time they have screwed up, unless they just hired the tech.

keep at them. they screwed up.

you can always protest out in front of the store on public property with a sign saying that their screw up cost you $2000.
_________
| ..PENCE..|
| MISTAKE|
| COST ME|
| ..$2000..|

i doubt the sales department will let that happen very long. how many lost sales does it take to cost the dealer $2000?

i realize this is extreme, but the sale of cars relies on a good image. a negative image can hurt them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the documentation and been in touch with SOA. My goal is to make their
Iife as miserable as they have made mine. Love the car just can't believe these guys are in such denial. BBB is next as well as Impreza Owners Group.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Sailing
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing