Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just musing on this factoid I heard a while back that said the state of Wyoming had the highest per capita number of registered pickup trucks...2 trucks for each person.

Given that I live in Colorado, it got me thinking about the per capita subaru ownership here...I'm assuming we hold the record for that one. I couldn't find anything like that on the internet but we are known for being the subaru capital of the US. Anyone seen any figures on the subject?

I own two...so, hey, I'm doing my part! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 H6-3.0 Wagon (non-VDC, non-LLB)
13 Posts
The few times I've been to Vermont, it seemed that every third car, almost literally, was a Subaru (and of course Colorado and Vermont have their similarities). In fact most of northern New England is well-populated with Subarus and Subaru dealerships--I remember reading that Subaru's initial strategy when entering the US was to try to build sales in rural areas by emphasizing the car's frugality, durability and traction, all of which would be appreciated in a place like Vermont (or, again, Colorado).

Here in Tennessee, the more rugged eastern part of the state has several Subaru dealerships, while the flatter middle section where I live has only three, in larger cities.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I would think Colorado also, I remember just a year and a half ago going through a lot of Colorado, and it seemed like every third vehicle there was a Subaru. Here in Nebraska we are coming along fine with more Subaru's but I only have seen like two other Sedona Red Pearl OBS's like mine since I bought it in Feb. '02
Brian

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
My Subie salesman told me that statewise, Colorado has the highest Subarus per capita with Boulder being the biggest Subie city. Next would be New England, no state in particular all have tons of Subarus. Other than that I know we have plenty here in the Midwest in cities like Omaha, Minneapolis, KC, Chicago, Milwakee, etc. I'll try to research this more, interesting topic :D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Driving through the mountains in Maryland/West Virginia, I saw plenty of them - new and old. OTOH a few years ago I drove in Miami FL for three days and saw only one other Subaru.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
I agree in regards to Northern New England. The last time I was in Maine there were Subs everywhere. I felt right at home.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Upstate NY is also a haven for Subaru. A dealer in Victor NY claims to be the highest volume dealer in the country. The dealer I bought my Outback from, BURT Subaru in Englewood CO at one time had that title from the award plaques on the wall. I know it still sells one **** of alot of them.

Casterman:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I was in Albany NY earlier this year I sure did dee a lot of Subies. A large percentage were Outbacks too.

·
Registered
2002 H6 LLBEAN
3 Posts
I grew up in Boulder, but when it came time to buy an Outback, I bought mine in Longmont at Valley. They put a really ugly pale blue dealer sticker on my beautiful red LLBean Wagon. Obligingly however, they left a corner free for easy removal! Now I drive my stealth Subaru in Omaha with no dealer advertising. I liked Valley. They were very helpful with the out of state stuff and even trusted me with the certificate of origin to file myself. Very nice.
sooz

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
I just got back from Maine and had to post this. Just to reiterate... Northern New England = tons of Subarus. The great thing was that in Portland I saw 2 used car dealers that only sold Subarus. Just a typical used car lot full of Subarus. One even had a sign that said trained Subaru Technician. I thought this was pretty neat. I've seen used car lots that specialize in imports, but never a Subaru specific lot. Just wanted to share.:)

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
we've got tons down here in WNC. I probably see more Subies than any other make (save Honda).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts