Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I stalled in snowdrift. When I went to back, my car bumped into snow-covered tire. I heard crackle. When I came out of my car, I saw that fog light moves freely inside.
What were cracked inside?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I removed and disassembled the fog light.
the fog light mount was broken. It's a plastic mount was brittle because of frost.
I long thought what do and decided that need to make mounting of aluminum.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fog light mount is fixedly now. The adjustment bolt still working and nothing has changed...

·
Premium Member
2013 OB Limited 6L
8 Posts
Something hit the driver's side corner of my front bumper. Not hard enough to dent it, but there was a mark. My fog light assembly also cracked and came loose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something hit the driver's side corner of my front bumper. .......My fog light assembly also cracked and came loose.
Have you repaired it or replaced by a new?
easier find a fog lights for a new cars than for a old cars In my country. This fog lights i bought for $130. It very difficult to find.
For example, for outback 2006 a fog lights cost $80 and have many offers.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB Limited 6L
8 Posts
Have you repaired it or replaced by a new?
easier find a fog lights for a new cars than for a old cars In my country. This fog lights i bought for $130. It very difficult to find.
For example, for outback 2006 a fog lights cost $80 and have many offers.
I had it repaired at the dealership. They had to order the part which took a couple of weeks..

·
Registered
99 OTBK 5MT, 2014 OTBK 6MT
92 Posts
Cracked out

The ones in my car were busted out after a snowdrift impact, tooo expensive to fix with OEM, So I put Hella 500's in instead, for the pair with wiring $60. I just cut the old connectors and wired straight in to my existing fog light system. They are brighter than my headlights:D.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My OEM fogs give light not far. Into Bosch HB4 51W 12V.
May be somebody will show me as shine his OEM fog lights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts