Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
252 Posts
Do you still have to push something to move the lever out of park or into reverse?
Never mind, The website answered my question. Too anxious to read the whole thing first lol 🙃

I do worry that it will require an oven mitt to use in the summer tho...

Reactions: Alice The Cat

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6r with CVT
134 Posts
Would be cool if this worked for the 5th gen's. Wonder if it's worth emailing them about...

Reactions: 1werd

·
Registered
229 Posts
Would be cool if this worked for the 5th gen's. Wonder if it's worth emailing them about...
Would not work on 5th gen as its a different action when you push the stock button. A Car Guys Garage make them for 5th gen but do your reading and confirm as required with him ( 2017+ Mock Reverse Adaptor ). Also worth reaching out to Perrin to see if they will be expanding to earlier generations.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6r with CVT
134 Posts
What's to wonder? :) Email is free.
I did email them and they stated that one is in the works, here's to hoping they make it a reality.

Would not work on 5th gen as its a different action when you push the stock button. A Car Guys Garage make them for 5th gen but do your reading and confirm as required with him ( 2017+ Mock Reverse Adaptor ). Also worth reaching out to Perrin to see if they will be expanding to earlier generations.
I've made that mistake before, I know it won't work because both types of shifters are pretty different. Perrin did reach back to me and let me know they have something in the works.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Outdoor XT
51 Posts
I like the barrel version myself and think the mechanism is nicely done.

Was ready to purchase, then I saw the shipping to Canada. Nope!
I guess I’ll settle for seeing pics of them installed.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Premium
64 Posts
As much as I want to say this is cool, I think what's actually UNcool is that the Outback only comes with CVT and not a proper MT.

And yes, it'll be very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. I had billet Honda gearknobs on my del Sol and CR-V, both manual. Worth it to me, though.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
333 Posts
And yes, it'll be very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. I had billet Honda gearknobs on my del Sol and CR-V, both manual. Worth it to me, though.
An easy problem to solve…

1 - 15 of 15 Posts