Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of upgrading my fog lights to the ion yellow. Would they be a good buy or not? Also Is it a really golden yellow or more of a white yellow?

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
I think they're one of the best yellow bulbs you can buy, I've been running them for years now, and they're great. They are definitely a golden yellow.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've got a set in my Mazda Protege5. I don't necessarily consider them to be an upgrade, but they work well enough. I installed them just because I had one burnt ut OEM bulb and thought they'd look neat. Definitely yellow.

The output of most factory foglamps is so low that they are largely ineffective for improving driver vision. The yellow lamps will improve your visibility to other drivers though which can be just as important.

I haven't checked the fog lamp aim on the Outback, but the Mazda was set very low, and that is typical. If you do try to adjust the aim, keep the hot spot below horizontal so as not to create glare for oncoming traffic. VERY IMPORTANT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ruby2012
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing