Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some PIAA 520's for my BG partially funded with sales of my cast-off Subie and Fiero parts. Well, it took quite a bit of time to do. I was going to do the "hole through the bumper" method but the lights jutted out too far, so I decided to do it the right way with the L-brackets and bumper removal. A task a little more dramatic having to remove my nudge bar for that process.

Anyway, I installed an ion driving in the N/S for long-range down the road and an ion fog in the O/S to light up the side of the road. Came out good. Now, all that's left to do is modify the harness to run my fogs with hi-beams. I have 3500K H3's in my JDM highs and HID's in the projector lows. I prefer NOT to run the HID's with the fogs, kind of defeats the purpose of it in foul weather.

During this process I also decided to polish out my headlights with the wet-sand method, quite happy with the results! They were already a bit oxidized when I bought them, I just made them better than when first received! While I had the front off I also installed a nice, small AT cooler. Perhaps one of the easiest I've ever installed, Subaru already uses hoses to connect to the heat exchanger in the radiator so none of those funky adapters to figure out.

...and I love it when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks nice. Not looking forward to pulling my bumper, but I'm pretty sure that is only a few weeks out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh, I've got it down to a friggin' science now. Use an interior trim panel removal tool (the frog-leg one) to pop the fasteners, works a treat! It's the part I dreaded the most but wound up being the easiest. I guess b/c I had to R&R it several times to get the placement of the fogs correctly matching the OEM Blazers. You need 3 hands to get that nudge bar installed back again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
7cjbill2
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing