Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading pretty much every post on this site for the past few weeks, trying to decide whether the Outback is right for me.

Well, thanks to this forum, I've decided on the 2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i CVT (with PZEV) in Venetian red.

I'm getting the moonroof and all-weather package, and popular package #2 (which includes wheel arch moldings, splash guards, rear seat protectors, rear bumper cover, etc.)

MSRP on the model with the options I want is about $29,920, but I'm getting mine for about $1400 below invoice. And that's not even considering my trade (which I'm only getting $3250 for, but considering it's a 2003 Civic with 125,000 miles... I guess that's not so bad.)

Can't wait to post pictures! When I called today it was still all wrapped up.

Thanks to everyone who's posted on here recently!

EDIT: Wanted to add the pic to the front page. The color is fantastic!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was still unsure about everything until I saw the car. And then I knew it was the one!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Enjoy the new OB. Have a friend who got $2200 on a trade for his 94 Civic with 266,000 miles. Must say something about Hondas.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good luck you will love it. Give it about 7,000 miles to break in before the gas mileage really picks up and then again at about 10K plus. Get a Fumoto Valve | Qwik Valve™
This will make oil change a breeze. No mess. Also don't let the dealer do filter changes ( cabin) for $129.00 plus. It will take you about 3 minutes and $16.00. Same with air filter.
My car has 36,000 in 14 months and has been flawless. My wife drive 99% highway. Always gets about 31-33 mph doing within 9 of the speed limit (55-65). Tires still have 9/32's brake still look new, we just checked. The 30K service was also a breeze.Again do it your self. It's fun.

FYI. It will be for sale in June/July with the 14's come in with about 56K on it. 2012 Limited 2.5 loaded in Pear White. No one have ever sat on any other seat but the drives. This is a Mon-Friday drive. She has a 13 Audi S5 Cab for weekends.

FYI Get a clear bra. Venture shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Enjoy the new OB. Have a friend who got $2200 on a trade for his 94 Civic with 266,000 miles. Must say something about Hondas.
So true. I never had ANY problems with my Honda. (Only some trouble starting it a couple times in winter, but that's not surprising.)

I was almost afraid to get a new car, since I felt like nothing could be more reliable than that Civic.

But I've definitely heard that Subarus hold up too, so I'm hoping to keep this one for at least ten years - or more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
Green LTD
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing