Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

New to the forums. I haven't picked the car up yet but will be signing all the paperwork etc on Saturday. Car is great, low miles (30k) great interior/exterior. trading in my WRX for something a bit more calm.

Any things I should look for before I pull the trigger? Picking this up from a very reputable dealer around here. Posted a pic below!

Hi, and Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i Limited
380 Posts
Pretty car!! Let's see some pic's now that you have it.
:cool:

·
Registered
2008 Outback WGN 2.5i Auto
45 Posts
40K + Carefree miles so far

My 2008 OB Auto has 40000 carefree miles and I drive it like a sports car. Enjoy. My two recommended additions are;
1. Front Strut Tower brace - improves the handling and turn in (not quite WRX) Picture below in the back

2 Cut the resonance "tube" off the air intake (missing in the above picture, shown below). It allows access to the "differential" to check the oil in there. Makes no real difference in performance.

3. Replace the rear swaybar with a 19mm (there's a thread somewhere on here about this) I got the Ralliteck and it was a snap. My neighbor that works on Fords, Audi's, and VW's was floored at how easy it was to do. It helped to disconnect both rear mufflers and the dam thing pretty much can right out. It gives the Outback that planted feeling in the corners.

4. Install an K&N panel filter, my gas mileage went up with it and it added a little pep on the acceleration.
5. Then enjoy your new car!1 I'm on my second Outback, third subaru. I love them!!

Oh, I've been comparing the 08 to the below since February 2012, The Outback has an edge in certain areas ;^)

·
Registered
2008 Outback WGN 2.5i Auto
45 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts