Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Subaru owner in San Diego, CA... Picking up today- very excited about this new vehicle. I hope to learn a lot from you all and maybe even contribute some day!

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Outback!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I chose the larger engine for a couple reasons...

1) My wife will be driving this vehicle with the kids- on SoCal freeways that we travel on, semi trucks are a constant presence- I want her to have the ability to "get out of a tight spot" if needed..

2) The four cylinder didn't seem to have the punch I was looking for during the test drive with two adults in the car- I only weigh 175... The salesman weighed 250+...... With 3 kids, a load in the trunk and wife- I want to know that I can hit the pedal and move my family out of the way.

I'm willing to pay for the extra gas it will drink... I believe the trade off is well worth it. And most importantly- I will have PEACE OF MIND....

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! I chose the 3.6R for the same reasons. Safety is number 1, and I don't like sweating wondering if I can pass or merge. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So this is my old thread...

I just traded in that 2013 and got my 2018 3.6R... remarkable difference in my opinion.. as a Subaru nerd that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 3.6R limited w/eyesight Subaru Outback....sold my 2011, Subaru Outback, 2,5i Spt Pack.
159 Posts
Planning on buying an Outback soon. My question is why you chose the 3.6 vs 2.5 engine.

Thx
I came from a 2011 2.5...7 years of great awesome subieness. However, with the kayaks..camping gear..bikes..pooch...it was lacking in oomph...I told myself my next outback will be the 3.6. Bought one with no test drive and unseen. Just went for it.

Well, I'm soooo happy I chose the 3.6. What a joy in power and driving experience. Think of it as amortizing that extra 3k over 7 years ...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts