Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Spring time in Colorado...

So now is the time for the customary "subie in the sun" post on this thread...

well, I tried. Maybe next month:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martin Family Get-Together

The Martin Family Get Together in the Colorado High-Country (I hear you snickering in the back) and yes, we shun non-Subaru drivers in the family :wink2:

-JMart

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,221 Posts
I think we are in a weird time...6-8 weeks of weird light....

Here are some Thornton Sunrises....

You all down South are all-right....Clint still owes me a good deal on a 2005-2009 STI strut tower brace....when I'm ready....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think we are in a weird time...6-8 weeks of weird light....

Here are some Thornton Sunrises....

You all down South are all-right....Clint still owes me a good deal on a 2005-2009 STI strut tower brace....when I'm ready....
Those are some great sunset shots.

Clint is still here working on the WRX/STI forums so let us know when you're ready and he can help you out with that strut brace.

-JMart

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leaving for work this morning, opened the garage door to find this...

...sometime Mondays aren't so bad.

-JMart

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,606 Posts
More snowy goodness this morning.

Just curious, what is your policy on driving a new WRX in cold weather? I only ask because I know the OEM tires are not that safe below 45 degrees.

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious, what is your policy on driving a new WRX in cold weather? I only ask because I know the OEM tires are not that safe below 45 degrees.
WRXs are sensitive to proper brake in procedures Also, as we sell most of them to clients out of state who only see their new WRX once it is bought and shipped to them, they overwhelmingly do not want them to have been test driven so to avoid issues (we learned the hard way) we have a policy of no test drives on new WRXs. On top of that, nearly all of our WRXs are pre-sold before they arrive or with in a few days of getting here.

We typically have a pre-owned WRX or two that we can test drive for those that are looking to, but if the weather looks like it does in that picture, the car is staying put. Outback, no prob. My WRX with it's snows...beast mode>:). With those summer tires, the WRX is a bit ...lairy:headshake.

-JMart

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took the 'Rex for a nice drive in the mountains for my day off.

Will this be my last chance to enjoy a good thrashing before I have to put the snows on?

-JMart

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,606 Posts
You guys hiring for sales?

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heuberger Expansion

After working all summer, our expansion is complete. Our old dirt overflow storage lot has been paved and we added a new building for parts warehouse/ more detail bays and service bays.

-JMart

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,845 Posts

The Martin Family Get Together in the Colorado High-Country (I hear you snickering in the back) and yes, we shun non-Subaru drivers in the family :wink2:

-JMart
did you ever think about having a hill climb competition one subaru vs. another?

might be a cool idea for a video sequence,...and Colorado has the steep grade roads / grassy hills to separate the pack.

be it with your family,...or at a dealership picnic. (employees / owners etc.) edit: or one of them big car shows out there.

3.6 of 2010-2014 5speed auto down in 1st, vs. 3.6 of 2015-2017 high torque Xmode. ...with a full stop in the middle.

vs. Forester XTs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts