Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the things you wreck if you don't seat the converter!

Wanted to ensure they were in good shape on my replacement trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
wow nice hit - those flats that line up with the shaft? i've never thought to look and put that together, but i've never had a broken pump yet either.

nice pic's - was that hard to get it to focus down there? showing off your skills!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they line up with 2 flat spots milled to the end of the piece that engages the outer part of the converter.

No talent here, just an iphone and perseverance. You can tap on the screen to tell it where you want to focus, and it focuses on that spot.

Those things have quite the lens, it's a dual-liquid electrostatically adjustable unit.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,318 Posts
Yeah, they line up with 2 flat spots milled to the end of the piece that engages the outer part of the converter.

No talent here, just an iphone and perseverance. You can tap on the screen to tell it where you want to focus, and it focuses on that spot.

Those things have quite the lens, it's a dual-liquid electrostatically adjustable unit.
Dave, you should keep this all on one thread. All this jumping around must be making you tired. You should save your energy for putting the trans in. :29:

And yeah, the iPhone takes great HD too.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will consolidate, the problem is if I have a very specific question and I stick it at the bottom of my trans replacement thread, it doesn't get noticed as well.

Hey, if I just pop the lower ball joints (and tie rods too if it'll help) can I get the front axles off the stub shafts without taking the outer CV joint out of the hub?

I think there's enough room.

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,428 Posts
All you need to do is remove the front lower control arm bolt and you should be able to get enough room and play to remove the axle from the trans output shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts