Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Outback Limited 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bosch PCM/ECM EJ25 and I want to get it reflashed/remapped. To what I have been advised is that it can't be done directly done to the computer so I will have to get a piggyback to manage the fuel system. Is there anyone that can assist or get out advise about going about it?

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,483 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Outback Limited 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Option "A" or Option "B"?

After looking through the mentioned forums, and looked around for a bit, that I think I will shoot for a Perfect Power chip. However, the choice is this, a piggyback or a standalone. Which one would be the better choice?

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,483 Posts
You only need fuel and ignition control, so the piggy back should suffice. A stand alone would work with yours and require a bit more programming. Either way having the standard transmission is a plus. Less parameters to screw up.

·
Registered
1999 Outback Limited 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking around on other forums and reading about the ECM (I'm going to call it that until I do something with it, afterwards I will call it a "PCM") and I find out that there's a open and closed "mode" I guess to call it. It's closed until you get 4k rpms at 100% throttle. I read a bit about it but then it just turned into people doing the run around and got me all mixed up so if someone knows a good bit about it for sure I would like to know, and how well those settings would coop with a piggyback. I know a stand alone would be a good choice due to it's a whole new computer and I'm guessing it would be just a set up and go (give or take some tuning of course).

·
Registered
1999 Outback Limited 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not Piggybacking but it maybe an answer to the ECU tuning.

I looked around and about out there's a possible way to tune the ECU in my car and for anyone else that has a Denso ECU. I have not done too much digging just yet but i am stating here that there's a chance.

Piasini serial suite 4.3. I found it in another forum and someone mentioned that this does most japanese cars. If anyone else has info on it or find more info, please let me know here.

I am determined to find a way to get some HP out of my car with out doing a lot of work and for less money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts