Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2017 Outback Premium. Need to replace the original Dueler tires. Does anyone have thoughts on the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. I live in Western Pa and drive mostly road but on weekends use it for outdoors use. Need a good tire in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,799 Posts
I think the Pirelli gets fairly good reviews. Check out Tire Rack for an in depth review and comparisons with the Michelin tires.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll check out Tire Rack. My Subaru dealer recommended them, but I'm concerned about fit. Since this model is so new, I'm finding very little reviews for them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,799 Posts
Tire Rack has snow and water reviews. I think they like the Michelin a bit better but the Pirelli scored very well. Their reviews and user reviews will be helpful. Great reseource.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited
84 Posts
I think the OP is referring to the new Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus for which there are no comparisons or tests of any kind (Tirereack, Consumer Reports, etc.), and for which there are only "reviews" based on the Pirelli testing event held at launch.

Not to be confused with the Pirelli Scorpion ATR which has been out for a long time and is generally not a well-reviewed tire.

I am considering the All Terrain Plus also because in stock 225/65/17 it has an H speed rating, only weighs 29 lbs, and has the 3PMSF designation and a tread pattern that not only looks really cool, but also with all the siping should also work really well in snow.

I really, really like the K02s and have had them on other vehicles, but with the LT rating and 39 lb weight for 225/65/17, it is just too much of a sacrifice for me compared to P metric/29lbs/H speed rating.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,390 Posts
Wow that is a huge difference in tire weight. The Altimax is only 24 pounds, what a huge percentage difference!

Lightweight might mean more susceptible to damage if you drive on rough roads. That seems to be the case for the roads I drive, though I can't verify it's weight related but seems like an obvious starting point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts