Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't let me add a link on my first post so I'll try adding a comment to my thread to the listing The KBB value of this car at this mileage shows $8900 top dollar and the seller is asking way more. I would like to come in with my offer at $7500 in hopes to land somewhere close to $8000. I had a 2011 Subaru Legacy previous to this and my car was totaled in an accident, sorry to see her go! But now I have to find a replacement and after reading many forums on this site for the 3.0 Gen3 models, I feel confident that this car will do me good in CO.

Questions:
1. Does the Carfax check out as far as scheduled maintenance (from the looks of it)?
2. I feel that this car is a rare gem (considering the low mileage, one owner in FL, no accidents/damage)- is $8000 a fair price to pay for this vehicle?
3. What things should I look/hear for before buying?

I appreciate any feedback!!

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,138 Posts
Hi Babe,

Can't help you out with what it's worth cause I'm an Aussie. It sure does look neat though. It has been well looked after by the look of the photos. It could be a gem. Good luck with your negotiations. Hope you get a good one for the right price.

Cheers
Wilko

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Ltd RIP 2006 Baja Turbo
68 Posts
Ask if the car was purchased at a Carmax auction 11/4/2019 in Tampa,Fl. What they have done to it since they had it and what was the major engine defect

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
4,602 Posts
Looks very clean, but price is pretty high. Your hoped-for fair price sounds realistic, but I'm not sure you'll arrive at it.

I'm not sure what model your 2011 Legacy was, but the handling and performance of this 3.0R should be a pleasant surprise - and the fuel economy will not be. Are you aware that it requires premium fuel?

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Outback Sport 2.5L, na, MT5, "Sue Bee"
21 Posts
Make sure it gets a thorough OBDii code scan and check for previous codes. Check all fluids for color and levels. Look at the engine for leaks (exhaust, oil) especially on sides and underside where detailers may not have gotten to any remaining residue. 90,000 is not really that low on miles. Check inside wheels, under door panels and underside for rust — cars in florida get into floods and then get cleaned up and sold. Those will have rust and electrical problems eventually later. As you said, price is too high. Good luck. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback
31 Posts
I got one that is a 2009 2.5i limited, same color and everything with only 40k on it and I paid 11,500 for it. So I would say for that milage, the price is quite high. It does look to be in cosmetically great shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts