Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Thank you Sequestration (aka finantial cliff) my company has just given me a WARN notice :'(. Just because congress can't work together, they are elimenating 400+ jobs nation wide. I hope to be able to get a job in not too long and get my plans for a 2013 outback can turn into a early 2014 outback.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Write your Congressman/woman and Senators and tell them to get off their keesters and get to work. Sequestration was created to force Congress to do their jobs - that didn't work well.....

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I wonder, why your company depends on US Congress? Is it one of those useless establishments which is being paid by the big bro' with taxpayers' money?
If it's so, then get a real job - I don't want to pay for your new ride with my taxes.
I wonder if you'll create yet another account if they ban you again. I have a feeling we'll find out soon :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I wonder, why your company depends on US Congress? Is it one of those useless establishments which is being paid by the big bro' with taxpayers' money?
If it's so, then get a real job - I don't want to pay for your new ride with my taxes.
My daughter works for one of those useless establishments which is being paid by big bro' with taxpayers' money. She makes prosthetics at a VA facility.
I sorta thought that was a real job. Maybe she should walk to work since you don't want to pay for her ride.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well,

Thank you Sequestration (aka finantial cliff) my company has just given me a WARN notice :'(. Just because congress can't work together, they are elimenating 400+ jobs nation wide. I hope to be able to get a job in not too long and get my plans for a 2013 outback can turn into a early 2014 outback.
Sorry to hear that. I know this must be hard, especially around the holidays. I hope you and your family will be ok.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I work for one of those "useless" companies that has made UAV's to keep our military safer, created rockets that have taken men to the moon, have put multiple space stations in orbit and keep people comming and going to it, countless satalites for both civil and military needs. My devision is being 'pre-emptive' in the WARN notices since it is a support orginization to the rest of the company they are taking a knee jerk reaction.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
...I think this thread just became politics 101...hijack anyone? Sorry about the job...that sucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
scoobydoo2
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing