741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if you have a car on order.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,604 Posts
Sumrtym,

That's a news nugget Gen 6 people are certainly interested in and it would be a good idea - a very good idea - to post a link to your source and the article itself.

Otherwise, people might think you're a bit scootered out from realizing that next Taco Tuesday is Cinco de Mayo but you can't make it Cinco de Drinko because of a Mexican beer virus.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
The final assembly operation is just a small part of a much bigger picture here - think of the incredible logistics involved with also ramping up all of the subparts suppliers that provide Subaru with everything that goes into the final assembly that isn't made there in that plant. Typically it's delivered just in time, so it doesn't need a lot of handling, inventory operations, storage, etc. Get it into the plant too early, and there's little space available to store it before it's needed on the line, get it too late, and we know what happens then - line goes down again.

I don't envy the people who have to make sure this all happens smoothly.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
915 Posts
It's not fully accurate either.

"In response to supply chain challenges related to COVID-19, SIA plans to start reopening operations on May 11. Full operations are expected to resume on May 18."

You don't just flip a switch in a major manufacturing facility with a complex and compromised supply chain. They are re-opening on the 11th but some operations will remain down till the 18th.

And almost guarantee, on some parts they'll burn through stock and go down again.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Subaru only sold 8k OB's last month. Should not be hard to find one in stock to take the place of one on order.

Reactions: Kevin

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
915 Posts
I tried. Whats on order is an Onyx WITHOUT moonroof and nav. No such beast exists on lots.

I'd take one with moonroof and nav if they just don't charge me for it! No dice there, lol. Eh, waiting is frustrating but not really hurtin me any. Might even be good just to get a better view of whether my job is secure (I think it is but getting to the point the further we go, the further you can see ahead).

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,953 Posts
I tried. Whats on order is an Onyx WITHOUT moonroof and nav. No such beast exists on lots.

I'd take one with moonroof and nav if they just don't charge me for it! No dice there, lol. Eh, waiting is frustrating but not really hurtin me any. Might even be good just to get a better view of whether my job is secure (I think it is but getting to the point the further we go, the further you can see ahead).
The moonroof on mine is the only option I think I would pass on. I enjoy the option but the cost compared to how often I use it is quite small.

Every other option has been more than worth the cost associated with it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT / Nappa brown interior
141 Posts
My vehicles have come with sun/ moon roofs none of which I’ve ever wanted lol. So for my Ram I made sure to order one without that large gaping hole. Sadly my wife’s Touring XT was in the lot and it came with it. Neither one of us ever use those things so yes definitely a waste.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
139 Posts

There is a few Onyx without the roof at the dealership I'm looking to buy a Limited XT from.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
719 Posts
What dealer? I haven't found a single one on any lot around me. They ALL have moonroof/nav, as if its standard or something.
Probably it's a popular configuration so that's what they order the most of. Think back to last year when the 19's were winding down: the most popular configurations sold out of inventory first so that all that was left at the end were the less popular configurations. Some people got great deals at the end when dealers were unloading those less popular builds. Here in AZ it seemed all they had left were black, which is generally not popular in the heat. The configuration we bought (premium without moonroof/nav) was one of the most popular so we were lucky to get one before they were all gone.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
915 Posts
Well, i ordered in february.

Recently inquired if i could have an onyx on the lot for same price. Answer - no. Alrighty then, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts