Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you folks done it already,
but in what colors ?

Do I need to remove whole bumper ? can
the front grill piece be removed only ?

Is one can of plasti dip enough ?
( I may do 4-5 coats )

:confused:

·
Registered
'14, 2.5 SAP w/Eyesight
118 Posts

·
Registered
2010 OB 2.5 Premium, MT, with a bigger than factory horn
5 Posts
I did my grille and fog lights flat black, it took me about one and a half cans. I think I did 4 coats. Looks good, and its lasted about 8 months with no wear.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5
174 Posts
Just did my grille and fog lights surrounding on my 2010.
The only question is it feels a bit glueish on touch. I hope it won't become a road dust magnet.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XTi Lim. 5 Speed MT "Red Rocket"
30 Posts
Just buy an aftermarket grille. pretty sure they make some cool ones for 13'

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Two cans will give you enough for 4-5 coats. No need to remove the bumper, only the grill itself -- complete directions can be found here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...en-4-plasti-dip-front-grill-rear-emblems.html

Once fully dry dust or road debris does not stick to the Plasti Dip, and you can clean it just like the rest of the car.

Plasti Dip is the easy and cost effective way to change the look of the front grille. Definitely cheaper than any aftermarket grille. $15 well spent IMO.

·
Registered
2013 OBW 2.5i, & 2002 WRX
136 Posts
Originally I did mine in gray & black, covering the chrome & whole grill...
I eventually pulled the plasti-dip off the chrome & left the grill black.

The grill is easy enough to pull off & breaks down with Phillips screws for easy painting & no masking needed.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
I've posted this before, but here is what a '13 OB grill looks like totally disassembled, front and back.

I originally used plasti-dip but didn't like the look. I repainted the grill in black with spray paint, and I think it looks better and probably is more durable. I put a matt clear finish on top of the black. I didn't paint the emblem or chrome parts.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts