Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically Collinite 845. Has anyone successfully used it on the black plastic trim? I'm going to use Klasse AIO then 845 to prep for winter. It seems the AIO is OK on the plastic, and I've read the 845 is OK too but wondered if anyone has used it. I'm talking the bottom of the door, wheel wells, and rear plastic on the bumper on my 2012.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does the black plastic on the rear bumper run well underneath as it does on my '09 ? Maybe you could test the 845 under there. BTW, I top my AIO with Duragloss 111 bumper to bumper (not tires) W/O any problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a new 2013 OB 3.6R. It will spend a lot of time outdoors. I see the roof rack/rail is a matte finish, different than the running board/splash guards. Will these products work on the matte finish? Obviously I can use Armor All on my plastic, but it only lasts a few days. Also, is there a product available that I can use to protect the headlight lens. The lenses on my old Forester got fried. Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
For exterior trim I use Ultima Tire and Trim. It lasts for a couple of months. There is also Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel; while I have not personally used this myself others have had postive things to say.

CG New Look Trim Gel - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

For the interior i use the 303 protectant.

For the headlight lenses i would throw on a protection film like Xpel or 3M. They last for years without yellowing or cracking and keep your headlights like new. Used them on my previous vehicles and now on my OB.

I have a new 2013 OB 3.6R. It will spend a lot of time outdoors. I see the roof rack/rail is a matte finish, different than the running board/splash guards. Will these products work on the matte finish? Obviously I can use Armor All on my plastic, but it only lasts a few days. Also, is there a product available that I can use to protect the headlight lens. The lenses on my old Forester got fried. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you JCBERB. I looked at the Chemical Guys link and was impressed with what I saw. I'm looking for a product that will stand up to car washing and provide longer term protection. I've got something to go on now. Also checked the Xpel and 3M headlight protection websites. It's probably what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dig this thread. Thanks to all who posted to it. I was wondering what would be best to use on the black plastic trim as well! I have the 303 Protectant and will be giving it a try. Got it for my kayaks...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I also tried the aerospace 303 and love it. It lasts, and looks great. I even put it on my GMC truck tires, and they look like new ,but not glossy. Just good and clean looking !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
jhodges
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing