Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another thing from Subaru that makes no sense to me. Subaru offers the color Platinum Grey metallic in Europe but not in the USA. It strikes me that this color might well be much more popular than the current "Magnetite Gray" metallic which is about as close to "black" as you can get without actually being black.

If anyone has a handle on why we can't have Platinum Grey in the USA I would love to know the reason.

Check the attached photo of Platinum Grey and let us know what you think!

Fred Meloan

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 OB Limited 3.6R
190 Posts
Wow! Subaru missed the boat here big time. I'd have sought out that color specifically if it were available.

·
Registered
2007 Outback L.L. Bean 3.0, 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R
131 Posts
Subaru available color choices (interior and exterior) have always been very limited and conservative on the Outback. More color choices means higher costs, but the costs can't be that significant.

For example, look at what's available on the top of the line Touring trim, a ~$40000 car: one interior color and 4 exterior colors. The blue and green exterior shades are not even a good combination with the brown interior.

However, in spite of this, they keep selling more and more every month!

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
First thing we noticed. Color choices suck. The funneled combinations are worse.

They had a nice blue a couple years ago. Last year's grey was just no. The new magnetite grey is a nice color.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Subaru available color choices (interior and exterior) have always been very limited and conservative on the Outback. More color choices means higher costs, but the costs can't be that significant.

For example, look at what's available on the top of the line Touring trim, a ~$40000 car: one interior color and 4 exterior colors. The blue and green exterior shades are not even a good combination with the brown interior.

However, in spite of this, they keep selling more and more every month!
I've got the dark blue, works well for me for the combination, but I agree, it'd be better to have more color choices.

·
Registered
2018 OB Limited 3.6R
190 Posts
First thing we noticed. Color choices suck. The funneled combinations are worse.

They had a nice blue a couple years ago. Last year's grey was just no. The new magnetite grey is a nice color.
I actually liked last years carbide gray better than the current magnetite gray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts