Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just realized I have about 1/2" of play in my gas pedal and want to adjust it so that the pedal is much more sensitive; as little play as possible.

I read this thread but it doesn't seem like I have the same problem. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/36357-play-gas-pedal.html

I looked under the dash to see where the pedal connects to the cable, and there is a gap between where the connection, which allows for that play before it finally grabs the cable and begins pulling it. How would I go about getting rid of that gap; do you guys know what I'm talking about? Wasn't sure if there was a way to actually adjust it, or if something was wore out and needed replaced up there (looks like lots of plastic up there?) or if I could somehow get something into that gap to remove the play.

At the beach right now and doing lots of stop and go so I'd like to adjust this tomorrow morning if possible, thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this diagram of the pedal assembly on opposedforces.
I couldn't figure out what part I need but I put the red arrow where my problem is - it's where the top of that pedal extension connects to the cable that runs through the firewall. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
2001 OBW H6 VDC
828 Posts
Not clear what the problem is. What happens when you try to remove slack from the cable at the throttle body?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not clear what the problem is. What happens when you try to remove slack from the cable at the throttle body?
It doesn't seem like there is any slack at all at the throttle body - the play is simply from the pedal. I could try to get a video of it later today. Does anybody else understand what I mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts