Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
white 2013 subaru outback 2.5i 6 speed manual
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys. Maybe 1 day I will sit Down and learn all about wheels and tires but for now I really need to get my ghetto steelie wheels off of my 13 outback. I have been searching for some wheels on Craigslist forever but never with any luck. Last night I found some guy selling some oem legacy gt wheels with a set of 215/55/17 fuzion vri tires. Would these wheels work? He said they have been on a forester. I read on here some people were saying that you could fit wrx wheels on outbacks but I called a few shops and they all said they wouldn't and that the wrong offset and dimensions would mess with the computer... So hoping the legacy gt wheels are more outback friendly. usially the guys at tire shops are not very helpful or friendly and usually dont seem lile they want to waste time talking to tou so im seeking answers here..Hopefully someone out here knows their tires and wheels and can help me. The guy on Craigslist isn't sure of the offset.. I will keep searching and hopefully find it.! Thanks in advance for your help. Trying to get these wheels this week if they fit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Online it said the gt 17's had a +55. Don't think this is good news for me...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is an idea. Don't have too many and the ones we do are pretty run through... But something too look into for sure. Maybe ill just go aftermarket.

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,696 Posts
If you watch the classifieds here, sets of stock aluminum wheels show up with some frequency. The trick is to find them within driving distance, to avoid the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
Those Legacy wheels will work fine. Your speedo will be off a little. The computer won't mind at all.

You just need to find 5x100 pattern wheels (5 lug, 100mm spacing) that will bolt on. Stock Outback, Impreza, WRX, 04 (and ONLY 04') STi, and Forester wheels larger than 15" will fit. Older 15" wheels, 05 and up STI, and Tribecas wheels will not fit.

Want aftermarket?

Talk to Luke at Tire Rack. 800-428-8355 ext. 4362.
Want Rotas? Dan @ wheeldude.com

Or, paint the steelies pink and don't sweat it if you're bold.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
Those Legacy wheels will work fine. Your speedo will be off a little. The computer won't mind at all.
To the OP: Your odometer will be off with the smaller diameter tires too. Since you have a '13, you might want to consider this fact in terms of making your warranty expire sooner by logging artificial miles on your odometer (also devaluing the trade-in value of your car faster). With this setup, when your odometer says that you have traveled 30,000 miles, you will really have traveled approximately 28,500 miles because the circumference is about 5% smaller.

This website is a good one to reference when swapping tires and looking for similar sizes:
Tire size calculator

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would totally paint the steelies pink but 2 things. 1 I got a screw on the border of my side wall which I plugged with one of those goopy cords, and no tires shops would touch it. I just don't want to spend any money on these conti's, because they suck, and 2 I want to put a set of dedicated winter tires on my steels. Think I found the wheels I want from tire rack. Post pics when I get em. I like the idea of keeping the same offset...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts