Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I finally got the long-awaited email telling me I had a GPS map update waiting. I downloaded the latest Toolbox (Gen 2) from the website and ran it. The box opens saying, "Please insert your SD card." But when I insert it, nothing happens. I also tried opening it with the card already inserted. Nothing. I repeated the process about 10 times, with the same results.

I'm trying to remain calm. Can anybody help? My dealer doesn't do map updates, or at least when I talk to them about it, they just give me a blank stare.

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
618 Posts
I ran into the same situation performing the update last year. It would not work on my laptop over WiFi. However i tried it on my desktops wired connection and it worked fine. Don’t know if it was a WiFi thing or something to do with the laptop, firewalls, etc... I’d suggest trying a different computer and network if possible.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
28 Posts
A couple of days ago I finally got the long-awaited email telling me I had a GPS map update waiting. I downloaded the latest Toolbox (Gen 2) from the website and ran it. The box opens saying, "Please insert your SD card." But when I insert it, nothing happens. I also tried opening it with the card already inserted. Nothing. I repeated the process about 10 times, with the same results.

I'm trying to remain calm. Can anybody help? My dealer doesn't do map updates, or at least when I talk to them about it, they just give me a blank stare.
I don't know if you have resolved this already, but I've just tried doing the same and the Toolbox finds the microSD card right away when I plug it into my laptop (using Samsung's SD-to-microSD adapter). Have you tried to simply browse the contents of your microSD card? Maybe the issue is with your card adapter or the card reader and not the Toolbox software itself...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts