Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a 2000 subaru obs limited i have been looking around for some aftermarket performance plug wires and have found three brand NGK magnacor (or something like that) and i believe that rallytec has some also any preference as far as which is the best, i know i found the NGK's for like 40 bucks.

if i was to get wires i mise well get plugs, so i was curious which plugs you guys would recommend for a little more performance orientated, one step colder? also gapping size?

and i figured since i was on the topic i mise well ask about the coilpack, are there any aftermarket upgrades as far as that goes? MSD NGK ect. that you guys view worth while?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much money are you going to spend to gain several horsepower? :28:
well im just wondering, to be honest just bought this car a couple months ago for a winter car, not in horrible shape. but my "winter beater", and i have never had a subaru before so this is all new to me, that being said i know that improvements as far as HP on a N/A car are slim, but its not always about the HP, a better spark means better efficiency as well, with NGK plug wires only 40$, i was just wondering if there was a coilpack option as well.

a few extra HP and 1MPG more (if possible) when you drive an 45 min to work everyday then 45 back adds up fast. :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Honestly, that question would best be answered by others on the forum, I don't know what gives the most "bang for the buck" when it comes to souping-up Subaru's.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
As far as the coil goes, I think the best bang for the buck is the coil from the dodge neon. search the forums for more information on those.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the coil goes, I think the best bang for the buck is the coil from the dodge neon. search the forums for more information on those.

I cant seem to find anything about a dodge neon coil pack... and what is the reason for the neons? Is it more powerful? Or what

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I was looking under the hood today and saw that my coil is the four pin type, is there anyway to get an msd 8239 to work with that? Or a different msd ignition? Or could anyone tell what the four wires are for? Is one a 12v lead... another a ground/negative then the other two for cylinders 1&2 3&4?? Any help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
hylander6361
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing