Subaru Outback Forums banner

Subaru Ownership badges & Lifestyle badges.

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited
226 Posts
I like mine, they showcase our lifestyle. Placed them on my back/side window so there won't be any paint fade. Will post photo later

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,470 Posts
I had someone comment on our just the other day...said it was too bad that his car brand didn't offer the same thing.

·
Registered
1997 Outback 2.5; 2005 Outback 2.5; 2006 Legacy; 2016 Outback 3.6R; 2019 Outback 3.6R
23 Posts
I'm still on the fence. When I see some people with a line of 100 badges, I feel it's kind of "dorky". But, like others have said, it shows your dedication to Subaru. If I do add the badges, I think it will be after I black out the other labels with plasti-dip.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,257 Posts
Just a little bit of self-bragging but I've been asking SOA to make a hockey badge since it is a stand alone winter sport. I got the typical corporate reply of "Thank you...."

Well this month there is a new hockey badge. Can't say I know for sure that it was my suggestion but I did suggest it in the past and now it's here.

For the puck!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5
25 Posts
Got them, probably will never actually put them on the car. Hadn't thought about it, but I could see them being an issue for a used car buyer getting someone else's "badge of ownership" and wonder if the paint would suffer when taken off years later.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,537 Posts
Got them, probably will never actually put them on the car. Hadn't thought about it, but I could see them being an issue for a used car buyer getting someone else's "badge of ownership" and wonder if the paint would suffer when taken off years later.
I hadn't thought about that, but it's a good point.

When I first bought my Subaru, I was excited about the badges and looked forward to ordering them. But then I noticed all the other badges already on the back of my Outback. Subaru is notorious for putting way too many badges on the back of their cars.

Of course there is the Subaru constellation emblem in the middle. Then there is the Subaru badge and of course the Outback badge. Then we all have a Symmetrical AWD badge. On top of that you may or may not have a PZEV badge. Or a 3.6 badge. And then you want me to put a badge of ownership on there?

Quite often I lean towards debadging one or two of them - not adding another.

Pay attention when you walk through a parking lot. Most cars today only have the company emblem and a model badge. But not Subaru. They are still in the '80's when it used to be that every Asian car company plastered the rear of their cars with badges. And it's been years since I've paid attention to which ownership badges are on the back of a Subaru.

The card to order the ownership badges is still in the file folder with the other purchase papers. I guess I ought to throw it away because I'm quite confident it will still be there when I sell my Outback.

·
Registered
(1) 95 2.2L legacy wagon 243,000 miles; about to instal used 107.000m motor due to knocking rod end. On it's 3rd transmission (# 2 & #3 were from wreckers). (2) 99 Legacy outback ltd, recently purcha
40 Posts
Where is the badge showing an EJ25 powered Subaru on the hard shoulder with steam pouring out of it?

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
718 Posts
If you want to add your custom badge to your vehicle, go right ahead. Just be sure to mount it on glass, not on painted metal or plastic.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5 Limited, 2002 VW Jetta TDI
104 Posts
Just a little bit of self-bragging but I've been asking SOA to make a hockey badge since it is a stand alone winter sport. I got the typical corporate reply of "Thank you...."

Well this month there is a new hockey badge. Can't say I know for sure that it was my suggestion but I did suggest it in the past and now it's here.

For the puck!
I asked them to make an equestrian badge and got the same reply. No joy yet. It's beyond me how you can have some of the fluff like "food and wine" "gardening" and "antiquing" and not have an emblem that for a major outdoor sport. I use my new Subie to get over 500 pounds of feed in the rear among other things! It's been a godsend for my barn chores and fixer upper needs!

That being said...I haven't decided if I'll use one or not. I see both sides of the poll.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ ES
101 Posts
We have them and put them on the back of our OB. We've gotten a lot of compliments from having them on there.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i premium, 2017 Outback 3.6r limited
15 Posts
I have them. Haven't got around to putting them on yet. My car was rear-ended last month, so on the bright side I guess it's one less thing to replace back there.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts