Subaru Outback Forums banner

Would you buy your 2020 OB again?

• Yes, I would by the same model

Votes: 175 74.8%
  • Yes, but I would buy a higher model or trim level

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • Yes, but I would buy a lower model or trim level

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • No, I would not buy a 2020 Outback again.

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition XT Autumn Green Metallic
159 Posts
I’d get exactly the same Onyx, same color, same options (mostly all of them). This is my 6th Suby, 2nd Outback (although I had a Legacy wagon too) and I love this car. I came dangerously close to buying a BMW and really glad I didn’t.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
35 Posts
Id get exactly the same trim (limited) and options, and while I really like the blue, my first choice was the red.

Other than the quirks with the infotainment system, I'm still really happy and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

·
Registered
2020 Outback L 2.5 greenie / tan (formerly 2014 Outback 2.5i P 6MT)
186 Posts
I voted same model. But if Subaru offered a 6 speed manual (preferably in a Limited or Touring trim), I would have bought that. If they came out with one today, I would sell my current 2020 and buy the MT. Even if they charged a couple thousand extra for the MT.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
7 Posts
Happy with my purchase. Was looking to purchase a used 2018 limited but it was out being detailed so I test drove the 2020 Limited 2.5.... they only had 3 on lot and was only limited. If I could go back I may have went with the onyx. Or limited XT... but in all honesty I really don’t drive fast and don’t live in mountains... it would just be nice to have the extra getup and like the onyx blacked out look...??‍♂

·
Registered
2020 Outback
259 Posts
I would buy the same car again, but if I had an option of ‘I would wait till I 2021, or at least until they updated the display’ I would have picked that option.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5 Hi-Yo, Ice Silver! Away!
209 Posts
I'm looking at one for my parents. Hence why I'm hounding people for pics of the Tungsten.

But unlike the US outbacks, a Canadian Limited vs Limited XT is really just the engine / tranny as all other options are the same / standard (moonroof, heated steering & nav are standard on both here). So the Limited 2.5 is a good deal since I'd just be paying for the engine and the capabilities with no other big incentive to jump ship.

The DriverFocus™ Distraction Mitigation System is only offered on our highest trim (Premier trim here called Touring in US) which I do not miss. Coincidentally the Premium trim in the US is called the Touring trim here (why do that sort of confusion Subaru :rolleyes:)

Gold for the parents, silver for me. But I may get to drive both?

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited 2.5L pearl white
13 Posts
Was looking hard at the Onyx at first for replacement of 14 OB limited. Our 14 is a very nice ride but doing much more mountain driving now so the turbo is what we were looking for. After driving Onyx and then Limited XT, we went with the Limited XT because it was a better fit for 1k more. Glad we did. Waited for the color and interior we wanted and glad we did. Four Subs in the family. Really like the boxer motor. The ride is smooth, comfortable, and reliable. So yes we'd purchase another.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
After a bit of tire kicking, I knew I wanted a Limited XT or Touring XT. Since XT's of any flavor were scarcer then hens teeth when I was shopping, I was lucky to find a Limited in a color combo that worked for me. That said, if I were ordering tomorrow /if inventories were fat, I would also consider either trim in White.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited (Magnetite Gray Metallic)
442 Posts
Gold for the parents, silver for me. But I may get to drive both?
I like helping my family and relatives shop for cars because I know at some point I will get to drive them like when they're on vacation or when I need to swap cars for a trip. ?

·
Registered
2020 Black Subaru Outback Touring XT
88 Posts
After having the car for a few months now I would not rebuy a 2020 outback. The minor problems that I have had would make me buy something else.
  • The transmission surging up and down while under cruise control and speed staying the same.
  • The problem I recently had where the car called starlink saying I was in a 70 mph accident while nothing happened.
  • Eyesight continuously not working, turning itself off because it is dark outside.
  • Radio not working while the car is on, or turning itself off as well as never having a signal.
  • Lastly the gas mileage never making it above 20 mpg not matter where the car is being driving on the highway or in the city.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The headlights are frustrating. If I had it to do again I would test drive the vehicles at night. If I had known of the issues ahead of time I would have looked at a Santa Fe or Palisade.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Number 9, All top of line Outbacks. Love the XT big difference over my 17 model. Everyone has to realize there will be first year bugs my guess in the 11.5 screen. Either way Subaru is usually on top of this. View attachment 476501
My new Outback is number seven. Very seriously considering a vehicle other than Subaru next time. This is something I never would have thought a few months ago.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
409 Posts
After having the car for a few months now I would not rebuy a 2020 outback. The minor problems that I have had would make me buy something else.
  • The transmission surging up and down while under cruise control and speed staying the same.
That does not sound right at all.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited, Titanium & Magnetite Grays
446 Posts
We are happy with our Outback. Not a fan of getting a moonroof so settled on a limited 2.5. Wanted white but peral was not favored along with the two interior options made us change to a less favorable paint choice. Love the gray and black interior. Have concerns about some quality issues that include upholstery wrinkles and too many battery problems with the LN2; an apparent one of a kind, USA, battery with too many reported problems. I have never favored equipment with one of a kind expendables. I compromised my concerns and went for something with personal appeal and accepted risks. In three years I will reevaluate the decision. For now, I am smiling and looking forward to our trip to Yosemite.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited (Magnetite Gray Metallic)
442 Posts
no, I would not...based on the screen glare and the start/stop not able to be disabled.
More and more vehicles are coming with stop/start that can't be permanently disabled(article above explains why). What vehicle would you buy that doesn't have it? When I did my research the 2020 CRV, 2020 RAV4(certain trims), 2020 Mazda CX-5(this one comes with cylinder deactivation, too. :rolleyes:), and 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe all have it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, w/ PP2+
185 Posts
While my XT Limited is a nice car, in hindsight I should have taken the 2019 3.6R Limited for $4800 under invoice when I had the chance. The 2020 will be traded when my Tesla Cybertruck gets delivered in early 2022. Will be all electric then. No start/stop BS or oil changes with the Tesla, and I know my firmware will get updated very frequently, as my Model 3 does today.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts