Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
If you let a car set for more than year you should always drain the gas tank and I mean remove the tank and then remove the gas, don't even start it. Personally I would not even start my car if it sat for six months, but I'm crazy like that.

I can't even begin to tell you what is wrong with what just happened here. I'm not saying, well your screwed... throw the car away but taking the car to a proper mechanic is what you need to do next.

Removing the gas, clearing the gas line, changing the oil would be the top of my list.

Aside form that I would highly suspect brakes are rusted. Put the car in the air and while in neutral and spin the tires by hand. The wheels should spin freely for at least a few moments with out you pushing them.

Not being able to "peel out" is not necessarily a symptom of poor engine performance but the car should move like any other in it's weight/HP bracket. There nothing to say that there wasn't something wrong with the car that it sat for a year either. You might be trying to fix a year old problem.

Take it to a mechanic.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.