Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No mountain pictures this time... how about a little coastal hiking for a change. Popham Beach State Park. Very nice day for a stroll along the water (temps in Maine today were in the mid 40s).

Attachments

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Ah yes. Been there. You sure know how to make a guy jealous.:mad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this area pretty crowded in the summer. I drove through York Beach last summer and it was packed. This beach is kinda' out of the way and I was hoping not as popular as the southern coastal areas.

As for jealousy, I could say the same thing about that XT you scoot around in. :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
I biked through York beach all the way to Wells this summer, in August and yes, it was quite crowded. Just crossing the bridge on Rt 1 in Kittery, I could tell I was going to be dealing with tourist traffic. And going up Rt 1 to Kennebunk was kind of hairy with the condition of the shoulder. It was fun and a different part of Maine that I'm used to.

And I did not once eat lobstah!

Jay

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
My sister's husband's mother lives in York Harbor. I haven't been invited up there since 1981 so I don't worry about that place much...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The_Lizard said:
I haven't been invited up there since 1981 so I don't worry about that place much...
You must have eaten the lobstah! ;)

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
No lobters for us. In my neck of Maine (inland Down East) it's the blueberries that are the big agricultural products. High in anti-oxidents too!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well, I'm kind of allergic to Lobstah as well as shrimp and crabs. But in any case, it's a minor allergy and I've eaten lobstah before and not terribly fond of it anyway.

I do like Maine blueberries too. I have a good friend in Stockton Springs and when I and some friends were up there doing some sea kayaking off of Stonington, she made us this really yummy desert of freshpicked wild Maine blueberries. Very good, much better than lobstah.

Biked through Lewiston/Auburn and through Sebago Lake. I even biked through from what I read "the worst road in all of Maine" which was I think how we entered the capital of Augusta.. Water st??? I think, but we hightailed it off that road after about a half mile because our lives were in danger....

Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice pictures Injekilo. My girlfriend and I head up to the Maine coast about 6 times a year. We have traveled/explored the coast from York to Bar Harbor but never been to Popham Beach, we will be stopping there the next time we're in the area.

·
Administrator
4,269 Posts
Maine sure is purdy! :toothless

I may have to come up there in 2006 as I'm planning to take a trip up to Quebec...

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Originally posted by The_Lizard
I haven't been invited up there since 1981 so I don't worry about that place much...

Very funny....neither have I.
I moved from Bucks Harbor Maine to here in Nebraska in June of 1981. How funny. Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finally got to Popham Beach this past weekend, also went to Reid State Park
in Geogetown. Both beaches are really nice, the Maine coast is really nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
pedaler8090
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing