Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outbackk 2.5i Limited w/SAP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Outback 2.5i limited with the SAP. today I noticed a popping and gurgling intermittently coming from i think the speakers. I have tried turning off the sound system but i sometimes still here the gurgling. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i SAP Limited
32 Posts
I have been noticing what sounds like a gurgling sound as well, usually can hear it when I am in park. I have NO IDEA what it is, but it goes away a few seconds after I turn off the heating system, so I assume it has something to do with the heating/cooling system in the car. I have not found any threads on this so assume it is either rare or normal. I plan to chat with the service advisor on my next scheduled service...

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outbackk 2.5i Limited w/SAP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has seemed to stop or I havent noticed it anymore. I would be interested in what the service advisor says.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive had mine for 4 months now, I get a loud pop or sometimes a loud quick scratch coming from the speakers. Im guessing a kind of short in the wires type sound. once it freaked me out when i was driving onto a freeway entrance as if i ran over a big metal trashcan and the volume was even all the way low. nothing plugged in the usb, on satelite radio. anyone have any suggestions? i'm planning on taking it in for service but its hard to replicate the sound. maybe i could even get a new radio head with new xm contract for free.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
It sounds like interference. Stop eating at the taco trucks. That solved the problem for me. A good quality bran muffin can help too...:p

I don't think the speakers stop getting power when the stereo is turned off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts