Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Nothing in my tool bucket, and nothing listed in my owners manual for that particular space (Section9-5).

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Isn't that a space for that mini-torque wrench that is needed to move roof rack cross bars? But I am not sure if those were available on 2012 models....

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Your vehicle is equipped with the following maintenance tools.
Jack
Jack handle
Screwdriver
Towing hook (eye bolt) (if equipped)
Wheel nut wrench
Electronic parking brake release tool

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Isn't that a space for that mini-torque wrench that is needed to move roof rack cross bars? But I am not sure if those were available on 2012 models....
Would that only apply to the 2013s and newer? Interesting product planning on Subaru's part, because my crossbars aren't relocatable, and there is a space in my foam toolbucket.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Do you have everything that upflying is showing above your post?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Your vehicle is equipped with the following maintenance tools.
Jack
Jack handle
Screwdriver
Towing hook (eye bolt) (if equipped)
Wheel nut wrench
Electronic parking brake release tool
Upflying: "Electronic parking brake release tool" .... I haven't noticed that one... how does it look so that I don't have to go and get my glasses...LOL

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
That list was for the OP's car.(2012) No movable bars = no tool. Would a MT require a tool? Does a Base have hubcaps that would require something? Maybe a ROW item we don't get.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
OK - I see ... where is that coffee this morning? Need to take a nap....LOL

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
On the older cars, there was an allen wrench to manually spin the sunroof shut if the motor went. Could it be that? Just a thought. My 2004 had one, but I'm not sure if my '08 does.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
On the older cars, there was an allen wrench to manually spin the sunroof shut if the motor went. Could it be that? Just a thought. My 2004 had one, but I'm not sure if my '08 does.
That's correct but those were angled 90 deg. - not straight like that empty spot. Perhaps that was a space for tubular tire pressure gauge? And car salesmen are collectiong those and selling them on eBay? That would not be the first similar scenario... I remember Saabs used to have all kind of gadgets in that area including snow scraper and snow brush but when those cars hit these shores. But those valuable "tools" were gone, when the car was picked up by the customer... lot of that stuff used to be stolen at ocean ports of arrival, as I remember.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
What about the flux capacitor! And the blinker fluid! And please go fetch me some flightline from the prick E7!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Just now catching up with this thread. That space is for the tool that's used to move the roof rack cross-bars on a '13 to the other position. An angled torx wrench. That's what's in that spot on my '13.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts