Registered
2 1997 outback wagons
170 Posts
Started on the trans swap

·
Registered
97 Outback
118 Posts

My newest Subaru project... 95 Legacy LS, only cost $350. Engine (EJ22) threw a rod. It does still run but makes a crazy racket. AC works and blows cold (I confirmed even though the engine sounded so bad). It's an autotragic, but the plan right now is to swap everything good from the Outback to the Legacy, basically make it an Outback sedan, including lifting it (with Forester XT springs/shocks). Will be fun.

This is one of the cars that I'd like to sort of be like (not color-wise though):

Will also include putting my hybrid EJ25 phase I/II SOHC engine in it. I'll try rebuilding the EJ22, probably for turboing in the future.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback 30th Anniversary Edition LIMITED
1 Posts
That thing is so sexy. I have the exact same paint scheme but its got 300k on it and from Michigan so its sweaty, crispy and rusty like none other. Still ticking. Great ride!

·
Registered
09 OBXT & 97 OB 5sp
9 Posts
Sheila

Finally i can post pictures!
Alright here is Sheila and the motor home she will be supporting. Just put those winter wheels on and going to swap the snowboard rack for a top box soon. I'll likely tint the windows soon as well. I cant take credit for the color matching of the wheels to the paint scheme but the previous owner has good taste for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I can't get the files to upload, but if I could I'd show you that I just last week got a 1998 Outback Limited. Man am I loving it, only has 180k! I honestly don't know what to do with it, I need your help finding good fog lights, that are brighter than my headlights because I can't see anything with those and the cost of new headlight housings are absurd. Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 Legacy Outback Limited, EJ25D & 5 speed manual trans
28 Posts
Cale, late to the game here, but what kind of front lip is that? I'm in love.

·
Registered
1999 Legacy Outback Limited, EJ25D & 5 speed manual trans
28 Posts
First poster in this thread for 2017? Let me go grab myself a cookie...

Here's Sheldon. New to the Subie game here. My sister has a '15 Fozzy with the CVT (blegh). Mine is a '99 Legacy Outback Limited, 2.5/5MT, about 165,000 miles now. Couple of small mods here and there but have only had him a few months. Just filled out my garage slot so more details there, but the main ones so far are a UEL header, short shifter, and a couple of LED light bars. Big plans for the wagon when the cash flow is steady enough to feed my mod addiction.

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 Legacy Outback | EJ22 | 400k miles | Dylan
29 Posts
Here is Dylan! He is a '96 2.2 5MT. I picked him up recently with 390,000 miles, and currently has almost 397,000 miles. The engine was rebuilt about 6 months before I bought it. Currently does not have a face in preparation for a new tube bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
No Subie for me, not anymore
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Ha ha ha! Zombie Response Vehicle! Where did you get those decals, if you don't mind me asking? (And if you remember, that was probably a long time ago)
Here it is! Checked my email and found a PayPal payment to alphavinyl.com

https://www.alphavinyl.com/shop/allmodeljeep/zombie-response-vehicle-hood-decals-fit-jeep-wrangler-tj-jk-xj-cj-yj/

·
Premium Member
No Subie for me, not anymore
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
161 - 180 of 201 Posts