Subaru Outback Forums banner

1021 - 1035 of 1035 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
519 Posts
Not mine, but this one belongs to one of the owners of Subie Savers.

05-07 Spec B 18x7

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm definitely painting the wheels on the car now since the others need repair. This gives me an idea how it'll look once they are

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 OBW Limited 5 MT- Black Granite Pearl
438 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I'm having a hard time deciding if 18s look silly with the higher ride height. I'm thinking a larger profile might balance better, but I'm still unsure. There's a good deal on 18s nearby me that I'd snag if I could make up my mind on the size.

BTW- is he running spacers? Those wheels poke more than I thought the Spec B wheels do. Also, do you know what size tires those are? I can't make it out.

Thanks again
Looking back at the convo I had with him. They are 235/50/18 which is actually a taller tire than the stock 16. At the time of install he mentioned he didnt rub, though I'm guessing turning into a parking lot and up the little apron probably would create a little rub on the outside tire with the body roll

Earlier in our conversation, we were talking about spacers. As I ran the same 18's on a 20mm spacer prior. But based off this pic, he isn't using them as mine sat nearly flush with a 20mm spacer. Also attached is my car on the same Spec B wheels (since this is a picture thread)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I have 225/50R18 on mine for the moment, and it doesn't look much bigger would work to well, but it would be close.

I think I've actually found wheels for both summer and winter. The winter set will be 17" sport edition a10-2 with 225/55r17 snow tires (once I find some) and the summers will be some 17" konig oversteers that are currently white but I will be blasting and painting, color undecided. The sport editions currently have some 225/60r17s on them, but I'm pretty certain those will rub, so I'll have to sell them and find some 55s. If I ever decide to lower the car, I'll probably go slightly smaller profiles. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I get them mounted. I hate to dilute this pic thread with picture-less posts! 😅

·
Registered
Gen 2: 2002 Subaru Outback 2.5L Wagon
7 Posts

This is Subrina, my 02 outback, its got a whopping 280k on it, runs and drives like a dream. Wanting to turn it into somewhat of an adventure vehicle; 1" lift, BFG KO2, Bull bar ect. When I got the car it had a load of issues so ive been working on it for about 2 years now. Replaced most of the suspension, upgraded to power stop brakes which I definetly would recommend, replaced the exhaust, and done lots of engine work to help extend her life. IMG_1099.JPG

·
Registered
Gen 2: 2002 Subaru Outback 2.5L Wagon
7 Posts
Looking back at the convo I had with him. They are 235/50/18 which is actually a taller tire than the stock 16. At the time of install he mentioned he didnt rub, though I'm guessing turning into a parking lot and up the little apron probably would create a little rub on the outside tire with the body roll

Earlier in our conversation, we were talking about spacers. As I ran the same 18's on a 20mm spacer prior. But based off this pic, he isn't using them as mine sat nearly flush with a 20mm spacer. Also attached is my car on the same Spec B wheels (since this is a picture thread)

That is beautiful, what headlights are those?

·
Registered
2000 OBW Limited 5 MT- Black Granite Pearl
438 Posts
That is beautiful, what headlights are those?
They're the JDM Revision D headlights. The global market got a facelift for our generation. Essentially the same, but the headlights had a slightly different line, resulting in the hood/grille having a different line, which then caused the bumper to have a slightly different meeting point

I have the have full facelift (Revision D) front end including fenders, just with only the turbo hood, lights and grille installed. I also have the JDM ETune Masks which is the black bit over the lights

The first pic is my set with the masks, the other pictures are of my first set that I opened and painted black. Both Revision D

·
Registered
4 Posts
2011 Legacy GT wheels. 18x7.5 with 225/50/r18 tires

And here are the winter wheels/tires. These are cheapo "Sport Edition" A10 wheels, 17x7.5 (I think) with 225/55R17 tires. These tires look to be just about as big as you can fit without rubbing.

I have a set of 17" Konig Oversteer wheels for the summer that need some rash filled and to be painted. I'm trying to decide what color to do. Anyone have a picture of some bronze/gold wheels on a blue 2nd gen outback? I'm not sure if the gold wheels would be too much with the goldish body cladding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 bean with 153k miles. 2nd owner
-Black wrx wheels: 17x8 +53mm wrapped in 225/55R17 all seasons
-Stock wheels on winter tires (toyo observe)
-Rallyarmor generic flaps
-KYB excel-G struts, oem springs
-Group N strut mounts
-Whiteline KCA375 trailing arm bushings
-Whiteline KSR202 steering rack bushings
-Rallitek transmission insert bushing
-Baja 17mm rear sway bar, OEM bushings w/ moog rear endlinks
-stock calipers, Hawk HPS pads
So far...

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 474357 View attachment 474358
This is Subrina, my 02 outback, its got a whopping 280k on it, runs and drives like a dream. Wanting to turn it into somewhat of an adventure vehicle; 1" lift, BFG KO2, Bull bar ect. When I got the car it had a load of issues so ive been working on it for about 2 years now. Replaced most of the suspension, upgraded to power stop brakes which I definetly would recommend, replaced the exhaust, and done lots of engine work to help extend her life. View attachment 474357
Subrina looks fantastic.

1021 - 1035 of 1035 Posts