Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1121 - 1140 of 1158 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy Outback.. EJ20 swap. Base or L. 4S3BH665527xxxxxx
459 Posts
It isn't coming through in the photos lol but check out these bugs. I don't know If I should even bother to get them off the license plate.

2nd pic

Screenshot_20210521-094242_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
'04 Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean in Seamist Green, '00 Legacy L in Timberline Green
57 Posts
It is a tragedy, honestly lol. I feel like that is a few thousand for the right person to make....
Bucks County lmao?

Yeah they do look... really good, actually. He said they gonna junk em. I'm like "?????"

I also think it is weird they have at least 4 (I think 5) Subarus my generation (one is an exact twin,.if you saw those pics) and then at least two more the generation after it.

I think they are focused on the newer M.Y. cars...

Rent a U-haul, man!!! I never did find out how much they want for.

Can't be much, if they were gonna be junked (I'm still a little WTF about that. They look better on the outside than mine.)

Get a U-haul, lol. I did that when I bought a Blazer from CT once.. I think it IS bothering me a little bit that those cars (that most likely had their catalytic converters stolen off the lot. Low security there and it has happened before) are.being.. gotten rid of.. it can't go down like that lol..

I moved too...
I wonder, are the cars listed on any website or is the owner actually willing to sell them?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wonder, are the cars listed on any website or is the owner actually willing to sell them?
So, okay, there is a mechanic shop next to the car business. He's tuning up my J30. He put the engine in my Subaru. He does a good job. (On Subarus.)

I asked him, "Yo, what's up with all these." He told me I dont want them. He said there are parts missing.

I asked him again a couple days later. He asked me, "What do you want to do, i can talk to the guy" (the car lot that must have got them from auction, or had them already.)

I can text him again like... i think he knows, I have no where to put them (i used to love across town) so maybe he thought I was wasting time.

Want me to ask him if the Limited can actually be sold, and what it is missing ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, okay, there is a mechanic shop next to the car business. He's tuning up my J30. He put the engine in my Subaru. He does a good job. (On Subarus.)

I asked him, "Yo, what's up with all these." He told me I dont want them. He said there are parts missing.

I asked him again a couple days later. He asked me, "What do you want to do, i can talk to the guy" (the car lot that must have got them from auction, or had them already.)

I can text him again like... i think he knows, I have no where to put them (i used to love across town) so maybe he thought I was wasting time.

Want me to ask him if the Limited can actually be sold, and what it is missing ?
Yeah, if you can get info on the VDC that would be cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay so the Limited/VDC one has a rod knock.
That's an oof. Probably means the engine was starved of oil at some point. If I could get that car, I would give it a JDM EZ30, but an engine swap is a little too much for me to spend. Would be a great project car for someone, shouldn't be junked

·
Registered
Three Gen 2 Outbax in the fleet. 2000 2.5, 2002 2.5, 2004 LL Bean H6
67 Posts
Took a short drive up the hill to about 5100 feet ASL...the rain turned into snow as I drove back down.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It looks better clean. My phones aren't so great on camera lately. I need to fix that.

Oh, they locked my keys in the car with it running for the 2nd time too.

DONT GO TO THE CAR WASH FOUR SEASONS AUTO SPA RT 70 LAKEWOOD NJ... DONT DO IT...

These pics were taken as I was waiting for them to Pop-A-Lock the car again.

The first time (New Years) they bent the front plate too.... I remove it now. But. Not sure I will ever go here again.......
20210604_164242.jpg
20210604_164523.jpg
20210604_163328.jpg

·
Registered
Three Gen 2 Outbax in the fleet. 2000 2.5, 2002 2.5, 2004 LL Bean H6
67 Posts
I like the 'action shot' !

I've seen a number of vehicles in my valley with the 'tacoed' front plate from car washes.

A spare key to my vehicles is in a ziplock baggie with a neodymium magnet sticking it to the frame underneath. They stay put ...until the keys are locked inside. Then they are lifesavers of time and money.

1121 - 1140 of 1158 Posts