Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy Outback.. EJ20 swap. Base or L. 4S3BH665527xxxxxx
459 Posts
I like the 'action shot' !

I've seen a number of vehicles in my valley with the 'tacoed' front plate from car washes.

A spare key to my vehicles is in a ziplock baggie with a neodymium magnet sticking it to the frame underneath. They stay put ...until the keys are locked inside. Then they are lifesavers of time and money.
I may give Lowe's a shot again, but one made two copies of the key and when I tried them, they wouldn't turn the ignition.

I should try again.. appears my fob won't lock and unlock the doors while it is running.

I took my key off the ring for that exact purpose....

·
Registered
2001 Outback, 2020 Ascent (and 3 VW Vanagons)
7 Posts
Here are a few pics from when I pulled the engine for an overhaul, and one next to our Ascent. I need to get some better pics of the outback… I’m not much of a photo taker anymore.

The outback has treated me very well, but I think I’m about ready to pass it on to someone else (brother in law) and get a new one (wilderness likely).

I’m happy to see all the gen 2 outbacks still on the road!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here are a few pics from when I pulled the engine for an overhaul, and one next to our Ascent. I need to get some better pics of the outback… I’m not much of a photo taker anymore.

View attachment 513359 View attachment 513360 View attachment 513361 View attachment 513362

The outback has treated me very well, but I think I’m about ready to pass it on to someone else (brother in law) and get a new one (wilderness likely).

I’m happy to see all the gen 2 outbacks still on the road!
I didn't really like this car at first, but now I do.

I had the 6 and the 4.

Still thinking about the L L Bean seats in my Base for the front.. but yeah, it has grown on me.

My 80% "smoothed out dent" (yes, that is an identifying feature if you ever happen to see a white/grey Legacy Outback with no roof crossbars for sportiness on one of these Interstate highways. As I travel frequently. Especially through PA..) has been said "Adds character."

This car was someone's throwaway because their EJ251 was on the way out and it has chronic P0420 and I STILL havent changed the cat. Have 4-5X my purchase price in the car so. It is mine, so.

Let's go all the way..
dan nan nan
"Rosanna, yeah."
Take it away, Toto...

·
Registered
459 Posts
If anyone wants, I have two sets of roof rails, one from my L. L. Bean (I no longer have that car) and one from this one. Both just sitting in my room.

If it wasn't for the DUMB Sunroof setup that I NEVER use, I think the H6 was phenomenal. But this H4 base model is growing on me.

Still might get the L.L. Bean seats in it........ for the front...

·
Registered
2004 Subaru OBW L.L. Bean H6. 2003 Subaru OBW L.L. Bean Former 2001 Subaru OBW VDC owner.
1,217 Posts
Newly Aquired

Reactions: MarshaJ773

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here is my J30, btw. It's a really good car too. For so when the Outback is getting all this work done..

This time better do it. And from what I hear, it will...

20210619_104631.jpg

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts