Subaru Outback Forums banner

Post pics of YOUR 4th Gen Outback

1783740 Views 2678 Replies 930 Participants Last post by  Puncher
Hello everyone, I wanted to make this thread so everyone could post up any good pics they have of their 2010 Outback. In fact if our administrative staff likes your pictures there is a good chance one will be featured on the main homepage. Put'em up and keep'em comin' :20:

P.S. If you have any good action pics, you get bonus points :D
Reactions: aflaha2267
2621 - 2640 of 2679 Posts

· Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
11 Posts
Here's a link to the lights on eBay. They're more expensive than they were when I bought them, but I found a cheaper listing that is more around the price that I originally paid for the pair.

Where I bought them:
Set of Black U-Bar Projector Headlights for 2010-2014 Subaru Outback / Legacy | eBay

Cheaper:
Black Projector Headlights (U Type+LED Signal) for 10-14 Subaru Outback / Legacy | eBay

The only thing that I don't like about them are the indicator lights, since they are only bright from head-on but barely visible at a 45 degree angle and impossible to see at any wider angle. During the night they are visible from all angles though, so I guess that they are good half the time.
I know this is a really late reply to your post, but your car is absolutely stunning. I've been considering purchasing the same U-shaped headlights you have on your car, but it appears that very few people have installed them on their Outbacks so I was just wondering if there was any reason you would not recommend them, or details about them that are not immediately obvious that potential buyers should know about? There appears to be very little information about peoples' experiences with them.

· Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Premium
93 Posts
I know this is a really late reply to your post, but your car is absolutely stunning. I've been considering purchasing the same U-shaped headlights you have on your car, but it appears that very few people have installed them on their Outbacks so I was just wondering if there was any reason you would not recommend them, or details about them that are not immediately obvious that potential buyers should know about? There appears to be very little information about peoples' experiences with them.
Thanks for the compliment. ;)

Here's a list of the pros and cons for those headlights:

Pros:
  • They look cool (obviously)
  • Same fitment as stock
  • Seem to hold up very well (after about a year, they still look new)
  • Tons of compliments (mostly at gas stations, lol)

Cons:
  • Turn signal is barely visible at certain angles during daylight
  • No side marker turn signal, just a reflector
  • Bulbs for the U-bars and the blinkers are not replaceable
  • High beams are not as effective as the original ones
  • Very expensive now (the price is getting lower again, but still $100 over what I paid)

Fixable Cons:
  • I will be adding an auxiliary turn signal that will solve the first con
  • I can replace the LEDs myself, since I have the proper skillset (it would be a huge pain)

Overall, I really like these lights and think that they were 100% worth it. If any of those cons scare you away, then I would not recommend them. In my opinion, the headlight LEDs will probably outlast my car so I shouldn't really have to worry about those. The high beams may not be as good, but I still find them to be acceptable. As mentioned, when I purchased them, they were about $320 for the pair, but they are now about $400. I think it really depends on the reason of buying the lights that would decide it. If you would be buying for looks, it is absolutely worth it. If you would be buying as a functional improvement, I would stay away.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :cool:

· Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT- Venetian Red Pearl
112 Posts
I’m new to the group, and was recommended to post some pics here: Here’s either “Lucy” or “Ruby,” I haven’t decided on the name yet, lol

Attachments

· Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the board. Good color! My last car was a Chevy Monte Carlo named "Loose Lucy".
Thanks so much! I quite enjoy the color as well, even though I didn’t think I would at first. I’m thinking “Lucy,” because Lucille Ball, lol. But I don’t know just yet. Usually I don’t even plan to give my cars a name, it just happens, lol. My 02 Foz was Grey Goose, because it was grey, and my friend broke a bottle of Grey Goose in it one day; my ‘06 was Toaster because it legit looked like a toaster, and my ‘12 was Bitchgoblet because of an autocorrect fail, lol.

My sister named her Cruze “Tom.” She’s weird, lol.

· Registered
2012 Outback 6MT
39 Posts
I’m new to the group, and was recommended to post some pics here: Here’s either “Lucy” or “Ruby,” I haven’t decided on the name yet, lol
Congratulations! That red color is quite special on a 6MT. :cool:

I've only found them in white or gray, and I looked far and wide. Mine is the boring light gray. But the price and mileage were right. And, thankfully, the fun factor of the 6MT makes up for the boring color.

My 02 Foz was Grey Goose, because it was grey, and my friend broke a bottle of Grey Goose in it one day;
LOL! That's what my kids named my 2012 Outback. My 2006 Forester is Green Bean, because it's green and an LL Bean Edition.

My sister named her Cruze “Tom.” She’s weird, lol.
That is priceless! She's a champion pun-isher! :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 6MT
58 Posts
Great to see more 6MT owners on the forum! Shame the 6MT isin't as common in the real world as it appears on this board, otherwise I would have got one in green! Mine is plain old white...

· Registered
112 Posts
Great to see more 6MT owners on the forum! Shame the 6MT isin't as common in the real world as it appears on this board, otherwise I would have got one in green! Mine is plain old white...
Thank you for making me feel welcomed! That is my number one gripe about Subaru anymore- manual being less common than it was 20 year ago. Or even 10 years ago. But I think that had more to do with the USDM more than anything.

Reactions: Zahn and al4224t

· Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations! That red color is quite special on a 6MT. :cool:

I've only found them in white or gray, and I looked far and wide. Mine is the boring light gray. But the price and mileage were right. And, thankfully, the fun factor of the 6MT makes up for the boring color.

LOL! That's what my kids named my 2012 Outback. My 2006 Forester is Green Bean, because it's green and an LL Bean Edition.

That is priceless! She's a champion pun-isher! :ROFLMAO:
I originally didn't like the color, but, It makes it so much easier to find in a sea of boring, lol. Plus, we have a red car section at work, my OB, my dispatcher's 06 Foz, and one of my tech's Jeep something or other (Not a wrangler or cherokee.) I think the Foz is VRP, but its older, and quite faded. The Jeep is just a shade darker than mine, but quite similar. I'm still not 100% decided on a name yet... she's hasn't spoken to me just yet.

My sister is just weird. But it runs in the family, so I shouldn't be surprised at all, lol. Besides, Tom is a pretty sweet name for a Cruze, even if it is punny af.

Reactions: Escher

· Registered
112 Posts

· Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
283 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. ;)

Here's a list of the pros and cons for those headlights:

Pros:
  • They look cool (obviously)
  • Same fitment as stock
  • Seem to hold up very well (after about a year, they still look new)
  • Tons of compliments (mostly at gas stations, lol)

Cons:
  • Turn signal is barely visible at certain angles during daylight
  • No side marker turn signal, just a reflector
  • Bulbs for the U-bars and the blinkers are not replaceable
  • High beams are not as effective as the original ones
  • Very expensive now (the price is getting lower again, but still $100 over what I paid)

Fixable Cons:
  • I will be adding an auxiliary turn signal that will solve the first con
  • I can replace the LEDs myself, since I have the proper skillset (it would be a huge pain)

Overall, I really like these lights and think that they were 100% worth it. If any of those cons scare you away, then I would not recommend them. In my opinion, the headlight LEDs will probably outlast my car so I shouldn't really have to worry about those. The high beams may not be as good, but I still find them to be acceptable. As mentioned, when I purchased them, they were about $320 for the pair, but they are now about $400. I think it really depends on the reason of buying the lights that would decide it. If you would be buying for looks, it is absolutely worth it. If you would be buying as a functional improvement, I would stay away.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :cool:

I really like the looks of the lower priced alternatives... wonder if the cons you shared would be similar for these too?
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headlamp

· Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
283 Posts
Reactions: Lee_A
2621 - 2640 of 2679 Posts