Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3343 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport
210 Posts
Lol . . I already did yesterday . . see 'Show us your 2015 OB' . . almost 300 views already and not a single real life photo, go figure?
MODERATORS: feel free to merge these threads or delete my original.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Lol . . I already did yesterday . . see 'Show us your 2015 OB' . . almost 300 views already and not a single real life photo, go figure?
MODERATORS: feel free to merge these threads or delete my original.
I pulled the trigger yesterday and today dealer called and told me to come pick it up next Tuesday....I'll make sure to be one of the first to show my ride in the pic thread.....:D
My first Subaru ever...very excited.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport
210 Posts
Hey midnite . . that Ice Silver looks great. I finally had a chance to see a few 15's here in Kelowna and I have to say the Ice Silver looked beautiful in real life. I was looking for the bluish tint some members have been uummm less than enthusiastic about but to my eye, on a sunny day with a few clouds floating around, I really didn't notice it at all. Maybe under other light conditions? Can you see it when you look at yours?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey midnite . . that Ice Silver looks great. I finally had a chance to see a few 15's here in Kelowna and I have to say the Ice Silver looked beautiful in real life. I was looking for the bluish tint some members have been uummm less than enthusiastic about but to my eye, on a sunny day with a few clouds floating around, I really didn't notice it at all. Maybe under other light conditions? Can you see it when you look at yours?
I test drove the Ice silver yesterday and I picked the black one because of the bluish feel to it.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited, Ice Silver
35 Posts
Thanks, Ktownbobski. It's the third Ice Silver Subaru I've owned. The blueish tint is visible in some conditions, particularly when overcast in low light, but 99% of the time, it just looks silver to me: clean. I considered a number of the other colors since my local dealer had all of them in stock. I nearly went with the Carbide Gray, but my practical nature (laziness?) prevailed; it just made more sense to me to get a color that would hide dust and/or paint/clear-coat defects better.

·
Registered
2011 3.6R Limited
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ran into a 2.5 Limited today Green color it was super nice. with the exception of the Ivory interior and the paint color :0)

·
Registered
2015 OB 3.6R Ice Silver
10 Posts
Thanks, Ktownbobski. It's the third Ice Silver Subaru I've owned. The blueish tint is visible in some conditions, particularly when overcast in low light, but 99% of the time, it just looks silver to me: clean. I considered a number of the other colors since my local dealer had all of them in stock. I nearly went with the Carbide Gray, but my practical nature (laziness?) prevailed; it just made more sense to me to get a color that would hide dust and/or paint/clear-coat defects better.
I agree with midnite's assessment on the color. I've had my 2015 ice silver for 2 days and have not noticed the blueish hue. I did see it when I was picking it up because it was an overcast day. Look on the bright side - you get two colors for the price of one?

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport
210 Posts
I agree with midnite's assessment on the color. I've had my 2015 ice silver for 2 days and have not noticed the blueish hue. I did see it when I was picking it up because it was an overcast day. Look on the bright side - you get two colors for the price of one?
My wife and I saw an Ice Blue again today and did notice the blue hue this time . . and have decided we like it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is anybody willing to actually post pictures of their vehicle in this thread?

I'm looking at Lapis Blue Pearl, but so far the only pictures I've seen have been of the Legacy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you. I have seen those photos, but they all (other colors included) seem to be taken under poor lighting conditions with cloud cover and shadows.

The only clear photos I've found look like this:

Still has shadows, but at least some sunlight on the paint. I'd love to see actual user photos in this thread, hence the reasoning for my initial post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok, here are some additional dealer pics (perhaps not the quality needed though). I like this blue, wish it came with the dark interior.
Those pictures are much better. I'm a fan of the light interior living in TX, but I am with you re: Subaru and choices, I wish they gave us more of them. I'd like HID headlights on the '15 but you can only get those with the 3.6.

I wish they had WRB available, but LBP will suffice. Thank you!

·
Registered
96 Outback 2.5 AT
427 Posts
Thank you. I have seen those photos, but they all (other colors included) seem to be taken under poor lighting conditions with cloud cover and shadows.

The only clear photos I've found look like this:

Still has shadows, but at least some sunlight on the paint. I'd love to see actual user photos in this thread, hence the reasoning for my initial post.
From this angle it sure looks like a Hyundai Sonata. At least a 2011-2014. The 2015 gets a new look.

·
Registered
140 Posts
From this angle it sure looks like a Hyundai Sonata. At least a 2011-2014. The 2015 gets a new look.
It's a 2015 Legacy. That said, I'm only curious about the color. This thread is about the '15 Outback, and I've seen almost no posts with actual pictures of a 2015 Outback. I'm guilty as well, I have nothing to add, I have to order my OB. I only posted the picture in order to determine if actual OB owners with LBP had would post pictures/confirm it looked like this vehicle.

1 - 20 of 3343 Posts