Subaru Outback Forums banner

3201 - 3220 of 3269 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Very nice outback. Looks just like mine. Wait a second, its sitting outside a house that looks just like mine. Hey, what are you doing at my home???

Just kidding, I did like that color but could not get it or green of which I really wanted.
My dealer only had one this color. Had to have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
How do you like your Sparko rims and rally tires? I have some BFG K/Os but wonder at times if I would be better day to day with rally tires instead. When I’m up 12.ooo ft , yes I’m glad I have K/Os on rocks,etc. majority of time not driving those conditions.
They are Method Race wheels. The tires are Pirelli Scorpion AT+. They are a road tire that can go off-road. They made them specific for that since most off-road tires are loud. They are great tires.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What tent setup is that? I’m interested...
23Zero 2person Breezeway model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Put a second coat of ceramic coating on. I washed the previous coat before adding the second, super hydrophobic, couldn’t keep the vertical panels wet. Used 9h mr.fix. Not going to spend $40+ on a product that gives the same results as a $7 product. If it lasts 1/4 as long I am still ahead money wise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is something like a wax, but harder, perhaps?

How about a picture or link?
It is a coating you put on that leaves a thin layer of “ceramic” over the clear coat. Starts as a liquid, spreads on with a sponge, let it sit for a few min, wipe off. Supposedly, cures to a 9H hardness. (diamonds have a hardness of 10H) It offers the best hydrophobic properties and some scratch resistance. I will be applying one more layer over this layer once this one cures for 48 hours. Then sealant then wax, so the car is covered for the winter. Just look up any ceramic coating on the internet and it will tell you all about it. The stuff I used is from China, this might turn a lot of people off. See my opinion on this in my last post #3213.

In my experience with road bikes almost every high end carbon road bike, no matter the brand, is made in China or Taiwan. The mold may be different but they are made in the same factories. They send them to the Bike companies, where they are painted and badged. Then the price skyrockets. Advertising costs and paying for the name.
You can buy the same frames, unpainted from China for $300-$1000. Here they are $1000-$5000 for the same frame with paint on it.
This is my comparison for ceramic coatings. You are pretty much getting the same product with 9H Mr.fix at a fraction of the cost. This is just my opinion, as I am not a scientist and have no way to test this theory, but it works exactly like a ceramic coating once cured, it has stayed on for 3 washes and 2 rainstorms, and was still working well yesterday when I applied another coat to it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Used 9h mr.fix. Not going to spend $40+ on a product that gives the same results as a $7 product.
HOLY COW! Amazon is just FULL of this stuff!

In my experience with road bikes almost every high end carbon road bike, no matter the brand, is made in China or Taiwan. The mold may be different but they are made in the same factories. They send them to the Bike companies, where they are painted and badged. Then the price skyrockets. Advertising costs and paying for the name.
You can buy the same frames, unpainted from China for $300-$1000. Here they are $1000-$5000 for the same frame with paint on it.
I had not considered carbon, as I've heard many, many accounts of them cracking. At such a low price, though, it sure is intriguing to maybe buy a frame and outfit it with even Shimano 105. Ultegra would shoot the price up a good bit, but it sure is intriguing.

If I was 25 years younger it wouldn't be intriguing, it would be leaning against the wall in my living room! (Like my Allez Comp...) LOL!

I can't type today...

·
Registered
106 Posts
HOLY COW! Amazon is just FULL of this stuff!

I had not considered carbon, as I've heard many, many accounts of them cracking. At such a low price, though, it sure is intriguing to maybe buy a frame and outfit it with even Shimano 105. Ultegra would shoot the price up a good bit, but it sure is intriguing.

If I was 25 years younger it wouldn't be intriguing, it would be leaning against the wall in my living room! (Like my Allez Comp...) LOL!

I can't type today...
I have a picture for everyone of the hydrophobic properties of the first coat .

I know I’m not really comparing apples to apples with the ceramic coating to bike frame analogy but you get the point. When you “get what you pay for” you get the R&D but also the advertising and distribution costs.

3201 - 3220 of 3269 Posts
About this Discussion
3.3K Replies
1.1K Participants
manucha0
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing