Subaru Outback Forums banner

3221 - 3240 of 3269 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was goodbye Prius when the car decided to die on the side of I-70 in 100 degree heat in heavy Sunday traffic because it sensed low fuel pressure(there were two pips on the gauge). Pulling the negative cable might have got us into town but the car was packed to the gills so hard to reach. We were done with it after a $500 tow to a Toyota dealer and $108 charge to find they couldn't replicate the problem, could get a new fuel pump which required buying the entire new gas tank for $1100 or we could take our chances. We rolled the dice. Made the 1500 miles to the kids and then 250 miles back when it did it again, fortunately a spot where we could pull off in the shade and reset it by pulling the cable. It drove that 1500 miles without incident but it got traded that weekend.
Hopeful that the wife's new Black Magic doesn't let us down. I'm confident it will eat up the road to Zapata Falls that the Prius could barely manage.
black magic.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
It was goodbye Prius when the car decided to die on the side of I-70 in 100 degree heat in heavy Sunday traffic because it sensed low fuel pressure(there were two pips on the gauge). Pulling the negative cable might have got us into town but the car was packed to the gills so hard to reach. We were done with it after a $500 tow to a Toyota dealer and $108 charge to find they couldn't replicate the problem, could get a new fuel pump which required buying the entire new gas tank for $1100 or we could take our chances. We rolled the dice. Made the 1500 miles to the kids and then 250 miles back when it did it again, fortunately a spot where we could pull off in the shade and reset it by pulling the cable. It drove that 1500 miles without incident but it got traded that weekend.
Hopeful that the wife's new Black Magic doesn't let us down. I'm confident it will eat up the road to Zapata Falls that the Prius could barely manage. View attachment 470069
Sharp! Was it freshly waxed when you took that pic? The shine is gorgeous!

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first Subaru, I still remember the Advert. by the actor "Crocodile Dundee" for the Outback. Never thought about owning one but seems to be rated very high.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Packing and getting ready for the adventure! Tomorrow we'll be heading to the northern finland for few days. Mtb race, fishing, hiking, good food and time with family! ...
Great country I believe. I notice your cars get the pop-up headlight washers like our Aussie ones do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just so you know I was told by dealer, to remove back cushion seats must go to dealer as it is a bit complicated with wiring etc. for the 2019 Subaru Outback.

3221 - 3240 of 3269 Posts
About this Discussion
3.3K Replies
1.1K Participants
manucha0
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing